Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Noobie, lookin for help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 03:09 PM
loserkid16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noobie, lookin for help

HEy,
im 16 and with a job. i have about 600 bucks to spend on a r/c vehicle. i was looking towards buying a monster truck. something that can go thru the grass and gravel with not a problem. im fairly new to this hobby but my best friend has been doing it for years. what truck would any of you reccomend for me? i dont want to just spend my starting 600 dollars on the truck. mabye less and spend the rest of the money on "hopping up" the truck or getting better parts. thanks alot

Jason
Old 01-12-2003, 03:25 PM
junior4116

well it all really depends on what brand your interested in buying from...jus for now i'll give u a few of the newer trucks that are basically the best out there....Ofna MOnster Pirate, Ofna Dominator, traxxas T-Maxx 2.5, kyosho Mad Force, and HPI Savage... there's a few nitro monster trucks for ya to choose from that are well under 600 bucks...jus visit www.towerhobbies.com to see them and read their specs. -George R.

P.S. Check out my site jus for kicks. and learn a little more bout the R/C world.
www.ultimate-evader.8k.com
Old 01-12-2003, 05:25 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

You can't go wrong with the new 2.5 TMaxx. I have one and I LOVE IT!

If you use the search box here on RCU....type in 2.5 TMaxx....or TMaxx and you'll see it's been discussed allot.

Awesome truck and worth the money. It also comes with an easy starter which means that you do not have to pull on a pull starter to start the engine but instead.....you simply place the remote EZ starter onto the connection....depress a button and start the engine. What could be easier?

Check out the review.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr.../trx_tmaxx.htm

Check with your local hobby shop to see if they have them in stock and possibly buy one from them.

And Tower Hobbies is a good source for buying one.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXPW87**&P=0

Or Hobby People

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/629183.asp

Good Luck!
Old 01-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Mr.hankeysNR2.5

GO WIT DA RC10GT !!!!!!!ITS EZ TO MAINTAIN REPAIR AND SAME WITH DA NEW NITRO RUSTLER!!
Old 01-13-2003, 03:01 AM
hoodiegadoo

If you want a monster truck.Get the Traxxas T-MAXX 2.5 its the only one worth getting...if not get the Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2.5 both are excellent cars...they come ready to run with the easy start. The 2.5 motor is a beast. You won't be dissappointed with either one!!
Old 01-13-2003, 03:32 AM
Deacon51

I'm new to the sport, but my brother and I both got trucks around mid December. His T-max is a little faster them my savage, but my truck wins every time we hit the track. Even if we swap, the HPI still wins. They are both RTR, and the HPI is a little more money, but the HPI really seems like the better truck to both me and my brother.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:40 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Deacon51....I think you make a valid point. You said that even if you and your brother swap....the savage wins. I think that is about as unbiased as you can get.

While I have a TMaxx....I also think the savage is a great truck. Someday I hope to buy one and enjoy it as I do my TMaxx.

Thanks for your feedback!