Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Want to start racing, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 01:10 AM
flbucsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to start racing, but.....

I also don't want to look like an idiot when I do....

I would like to know what are 5 things that you wished you had known before you raced for you first time?

Or any tips in general would be nice.... I am more concerned with general race procedures more than I am driving in the race...

Thanks
Old 01-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Mr.hankeysNR2.5

in racing dont use a pull start use a starter box its faster!!in the pits that is..........
Old 01-13-2003, 02:39 AM
Fast Guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't drive like an idiot. It's a sure sign of a beginner. Good drivers rarely hit each other, especially during qualifying. If you hit someone causing damage and you will, then offer to get them the parts they need to fix things up. Driving slow will reward you with fast lap times. Get lots of spare parts. you will need them and it's better if you can lend to someone in need than have to borrow. Let better drivers pass as beginners are the hardest to get by with their erratic driving skills. Keep your car running the best you can. Nobody likes waiting at the starting line for stalled cars or cars that won't start. Help out at the track and make sure you corner marshal or score laps when your not driving. Be a sportsman.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:56 AM
hoodiegadoo

Nitro summed it up pretty good....I was wondering where in tampa bay do you live? Do you go to the 1/8 Buggy track off of Dale Mabry?