Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hello im new to this..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 05:18 PM
the10thiris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello im new to this..

Hello,
i whant to get involved with RC but am having a hard time finding out what would be the best starting car for me. ive had a RC car before but this time i whant to get the hobbie quality one ( had a X-mod ). ive found many usefull hints on this site but i am still wondering what would fit the way i like to do things.

1st. it has to be electri because i live in a dorm as of right now and im shure they woundent like me having any type of accelerant in the room.

2nd. I like to tinker, I like to spend hours taking apart things and putting them back together. this is why i got into cars in the first place, problem is with full size cars they are too expencive for my fund level.

3rd. i would like a touring car. im more into driving for fun. but i know where some raes take place and will try to get into that once i get used to driving.

so rederect me to a relavent forum if there is one. thanks.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:46 PM
omg no name

Default RE: Hello im new to this..

a tt 01 would be a good starter car, its a 4wd its has lots of hop ups and it cheap.its $80 for a kit which is were you build it and they have a rtr,ready to run,which is $150
Old 09-22-2006, 12:45 PM
the10thiris

thanks for the suggestion.
i have been looking up on the TT-01. is it an older model? so will i have to worry about its part being discontiuned anytime soon. also how durable is it? also is it worth splurging and getting the XB?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:48 PM
muddymoose92

You should look at minis, I have a Mini-t and its a blast, lots of hopups available and you can "tinker" with it as well, only $100.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:09 PM
omg no name

the tt 01 parts is probally not going to be discontinued for a long time. and its durable i race dirt oval with a tt 01 i never had any big problems. just need to replace shocks and stuff which is cheap.you can go to rcmart.com which has lots of hop ups and parts for tt 01
Old 09-23-2006, 10:25 AM
the10thiris

hmm ive been looking around and found something i kinda like. i like the tamiya TL-01RA seires. the big disadvantage i see is its not too tunnable. but i like hte idea of being able to take an onroad car off road (to some extent). is it posible that you can get ground clearance like this from a tt-01 or can you convert a TL-01 into a pan or dual deck style chassis. i am willing to fabricate parts if need be.