Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI/ Nova Rossi .12

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:19 PM
unclecrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI/ Nova Rossi .12

Hi I have a Purple Round head .12 that I was going to run in a boat while installing the flywheel I some how bent the crank. Its an older one not sure the year. But could post pic if it would help.I believe its called HPI Nitro Star. I understand that there has been no parts for it for 2 years now. On the case it says C12 made in italy. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a newer crank that would work on my motor. I was lookin at the motors on the Nova Rossi site and the motor case for the marine MX12PR looks identical to mine same c12 on case along with made in italy. Thanks Dave
Old 09-28-2006, 11:56 PM
unclecrash

Default RE: HPI/ Nova Rossi .12

heres a pic of my motor.Also does anyone know how the flywheel spacer comes off its either press fit or I think I see alittle snap ring. Not sure though. Thanks Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40020.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	532212  
Old 09-30-2006, 07:54 AM
nitromustang

You should be able to get some threaded rod that will work,the key is getting the same size threads.

The flywheel spacer should just pop right off,you may have to get something little to pry behind it to pop it off.

Mike
Old 09-30-2006, 08:07 AM
unclecrash

Thanks Mike I figured it out. I got a little screw driver in behind it and worked around it till it poped off. Also you must not have seen it in the pic there's a bolt threaded in it. Its 5mm with a8mm thread pitch. Thanks again Dave