Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

LRP Sphere VS Novak GTB

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:11 AM
andriuzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LRP Sphere VS Novak GTB

LRP Sphere VS Novak GTB ? What is better, longest operating , faster and lightweight ?
Or maybe something another esc?
About brushless motors - what is better: neo, lrp, novak ?
Thanks
Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Medrivfast

Default RE: LRP Sphere VS Novak GTB

I have the Novak 3.5R. I love it. Excellant power and no cogging.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
rc monkey

Get a mamba - programable from your pc
Old 11-29-2006, 11:09 AM
andriuzz

I don't want to lug my laptop around the track.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 AM
rcxboy

Ya know, 80% of the mamba functions you are going to use can be programmed on the ESC. And that 80% is more than most other ESCs...
Old 11-30-2006, 08:28 AM
mattnin

One of my buddies at the track has went through 4 LRP speed controls, burned them all up. I have been using the same GTB with 5.5r since January. Also, the performance was similar on an offroad track.

I check the temperature after a 5 minute heat regularly. The motor runs 105F and the speed control 115F. I am only running it at 70% but that is really a cool running temperature for a motor and speed control on an offroad track where guys regularly run 140-180F. I am sure that is another reason I am having good life and performance with that ESC/Motor combination.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:28 AM
happywing

I have two Sphere's and they have been running strong for a long time. A couple of my racing friends who I regularly run with have GTB's. They have had all sorts of different problems. The main problems are glitching and overheating. Glitching has always been a problem for Novak. There are endless threads on the subject. As for heat, the GTB comes with a capacitor and fan for cooling. The Sphere doesn't and they're not needed.

That said, look just above and you'll see a response that is nearly the opposite. I think the key here is to have a smooth running drivetrain. ALL the bearings must be good. Not just the transmisison bearings, but the bearings in your rear hubs and front wheels. I think with a well maintained vehicle, either system will work great. Anytime you have heat problems, look at the drivetrain first. Guys will be trying fans, body holes and smaller pinions before they check the bearings. Doesn't make sense.

mattnin - What about your buddy's burnt up Spheres? Was his vehicle in good running order? A free runnin' drivetrain? If not, he was overgeared. My Sphere's never break 130 degrees.