Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Granite dust

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:17 AM
kurtf5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Granite dust

Would it be ok if i ran my Savage on a BMX track with a 3mm layer of granite dust?
I talked to a guy and he explained that the BMX track has granite dust on it to keep its shape over winter time.
Do other BMX tracks have this?
Old 11-30-2006, 11:19 AM
SpikeX

Default RE: Granite dust

You should be fine, but you will really need to clean your air filter more often, and if you intend to go there reguarly, you may want to purchase the HPI Dual Stage Air Filter if your truck is not already equipped with one.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 AM
kurtf5

ORIGINAL: SpikeX

You should be fine, but you will really need to clean your air filter more often, and if you intend to go there reguarly, you may want to purchase the HPI Dual Stage Air Filter if your truck is not already equipped with one.
Yea i have one, i think it was a hop up which came with the LE. Do other BMX tracks have granite dust on them? Im excited to use the track because it was only built in April and ive never used my car on one before because there are none near by. The one im going to is 16 miles away.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:55 PM
amwhite2005

Most parks that are artifial (that aren't just mounds of dirt, as some of them are) have the granite dust. You should be fine. Oil it down well, as some types can be as bad as sand, but if you look after it there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:09 PM
kurtf5

Cool thats good then. The only other "BMX" track i know of is this rubbish overgrown one in the "ghetto" part of Rugby town (Brownsover). I doubt many Americans know where that is though. So its good that i have finally found one which is in a faily decent area and open to the public. I just hope it doesnt rain on Sunday.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
amwhite2005

Get some pics if you can, a video would be cool too...
Old 11-30-2006, 02:41 PM
CWC

When running in sand or other bad stuff I take two large 10'' commercial coffee filters and place them over the air filter and rubber-band them on.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
kurtf5

ORIGINAL: amwhite2005

Get some pics if you can, a video would be cool too...
I can take pics of the BMX track if/when i go this Sunday. The camera also does videos but they are poor quality, as the camera was only £150. (Samsung Digimax V800)
I have this random pic of my Savage in the bathroom though (brightest source of light a 6PM lol) I gave it a good clean the other day ready for its first run in a couple of months

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69758.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	569430  
Old 12-03-2006, 04:40 AM
kurtf5

Well today is Sunday, and im not going. There was the worst rain storm last night which has only just cleared up. So the track wont be for Savage conditions, and my car isnt waterproof either. Typical English weather.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:08 PM
amwhite2005

I bashed out the yard today, bit of spray comming off the wheels. Was some storm last night though. Lot of wind here on the coast. You can get some good skids on wet grass.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:17 PM
kurtf5

I bashed out the yard today, bit of spray comming off the wheels. Was some storm last night though. Lot of wind here on the coast. You can get some good skids on wet grass.
Have you waterproofed your car?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:20 PM
amwhite2005

Balloon around the reciver. I also put some cling fils stuff around the chassis where the servos are, and I have a centre skid plate. That stops some of the spray getting into the servos.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:23 PM
kurtf5

Balloon around the reciver. I also put some cling fils stuff around the chassis where the servos are, and I have a centre skid plate. That stops some of the spray getting into the servos.
If there is a balloon around the reciever how do you stick it down on that black peice of plastic?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:27 PM
amwhite2005

I have made a small hole for the plastic. The chances of water getting in the hole are slim. The wire come out the end of the balloon.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:45 PM
benzzyo5

ORIGINAL: kurtf5

If there is a balloon around the reciever how do you stick it down on that black peice of plastic?
a zip tie