Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Yet another new website

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 05:20 PM
3D_CAP232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another new website

Hi all,
Heres a new web site which i've just got going,

3d aerobatics

Dont be frightened off by the aerobatics bit...at the moment its just large scale planes and some general info.

Hope you like it...(any pointers would be appreciated).
Old 01-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

It's pretty nice, I have made a couple websites... nothing special about mine though.... One thing I might suggest is changing the colors to a lighter easier to look at... not that I am having trouble seeing it, just maybe use cool colors like white, blue etc.

Other than that I like it....
Old 01-25-2003, 07:04 PM
3D_CAP232

Hi shortman,
Thanks for your input, i've lightened up the dark text by a few shades...should be better.

Its my first site i've put up on the web, the whole thing has been written in notepad too!!!...so theirs alot of learning to do!
Keep the ideas coming!!

Happy Surfing
Old 01-25-2003, 07:16 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

I visited your site. Love the 50% J3 Cub. I'm working on a Decathlon that size as well. Love those big planes, just so realistic in the air.

Here is my web site. www.GiantScaleRC.com I've been working on it a little here and there over the years. It was originally just a way to put up some pics and text for friends of mine, and has just grown over time.

Keep up the web site. Its fun, rewarding, and I've met so many people through that site that I never would have had the change to in other ways. I don't mind the colors, but do mind all the pop up ads :drowning: Took a whole bunch of mouse clicks to get rid of all the windows. Not much you can do though on free hosting sites.

Regards,
Old 01-25-2003, 07:37 PM
3D_CAP232

Sfaust,
Just had a look at your site....very nicely put together. Especialy the Giles page (its always been one of my favourites), the Decathalon should be one sweet plane when its finished!!

Everyone;
Does anyone know of a host that has minimum ad's?
Cheers
Old 01-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I would recommened Geocities, I have used them, and Tripod, and Angel Fire... and Tripod was user friendly but had a few pop up ads, and the BANDWIDTH sucks! other than that and the fact that you cant customize it to much I liked it...

www.geocities.com use the Page builder, you can do sooooo many things with it! you will like it a lot
Old 01-25-2003, 10:50 PM
3D_CAP232

Thanks for the info, i'll have to look into moving it elsewhere....it might be a convenient time to move it too as i've just completly redone it!!....just made it easier to add more stuff without it becoming "overcrowded"....it should be up tomorrow!

Thanks for your help

NEWS JUST IN!!!----- The site has been updated....once again thanks for your help, keep the advice coming!
Old 01-28-2003, 11:06 PM
3D_CAP232

Hi....just me again!!

I've moved my site to a better server (less ads)...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/aerobatix3d/
And i've also given it a little more style....see what you think...some features dont work yet e.g. guestbook but were working on it.

Have a look, i'd be glad to hear peoples input.

Happy Surfing/Flying
Old 01-28-2003, 11:46 PM
eddiej
My Feedback: (1)

Default Giant RC

Glad to see more interest in Giant Scale planes. I have been building and flying Giants for a number of years now. I sold my two thirds scale J3 about three years, currently building a 75% J3. At present I'm flying a 50% Super Decathlon, I'll attach a pix taken before it was finished. It flys great, also have in the works a 50% Gee Bee and a 50% PT19 ,don't have any idea when I'll finish them. Like to hear from any Big Plane builders. My email address is [email protected]
Old 01-28-2003, 11:56 PM
sfaust

Tell me more about the 50% Decathlon. I have one in the works myself. Scratch? Plans? Short Kit? What engine did you end up with for it. My biggest stumbling block so far has been finding a reasonable engine for kit. All the other details are worked out. Well, most of them anyway.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:17 AM
rhakkenberg

3d 232
please go back in and edit out the previous web page. the pop up adds really sucked. Save some other poor soul the hassel.
Rich
Old 01-29-2003, 04:28 PM
3D_CAP232

Sfaust,
How about the new DA 200 or 3W 240 ??

Cheers
Rich
Old 01-29-2003, 06:43 PM
sfaust

I'd like to see how the DA-200 runs, and what it can turn as far as a propeller, but it is a likely candidate. The 3W-240 is another good choice.

The more I talk with people, the more I feel the low 200cc engines
will work. I was initially told 280cc or so was the 'flys scale' engine. I am thinking more and more that it's incorrect, and the ZDZ-210, DA-200, and 3W-240 are all good candidates.

I will be checking those out. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:46 PM
3D_CAP232

Sfaust,
Well i suppose it depends on the weight but my Dads Cub has a 3W-150 and the whole thing weighs 100Lb....it has enough power to pull it through a steep climb for a little while.
I would think anything around a 200, how about the 3W-150QS on pipes? or even a quadra 200ish (very good engines).

Or for the best sounding engine 3W 160...flat 4 cyclinder....they sound brilliant!!!

Just some ideas!
Old 01-30-2003, 10:04 PM
sfaust

I've discounted the 3W-150 and 3W-140 based on problems from those people I know that have them. Each one of them had something wrong with their engines. Yet the 3W-100 I had ran, and ran, and ran. Never even burped. Same with the smaller ones. But, three people I know had so many problems with the 3W-140's (2), and a 3W-150S they finally gave in and got DA-150s and have been happy ever since. It could have just been those couple engines. Don't really know.

I wish the 3W 160 flat 4 was a bit bigger, and I would just go with that. I agree that it just sounds so cool. But I do feel it would be underpowered. While I don't need lots of vertical, I will be using it for aerobatics, reminiscent of air shows. Full smoke, decent power for maneuvers, and a nice air show paint scheme. A little extra power just in case is nice, rather than not enough. I am good at throttle management, and don't feel the need to use all available power unless its warranted. Well, ok, except if I am flying a hot rod giles with gobs and gobs of power
Old 01-31-2003, 08:47 AM
3D_CAP232

Sfaust,
just had a look at 3W's site...you'll love this...

3W 214iB4

Yes its a flat 4 and its BIG!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 01:36 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sfaust,
You dont have to put up with popup windows. There is a free popup window stopper that works great. Just set it to aggresive mode and it stops everything. If you want to see a window, just hit shift or cntl and click it again. I got a virus thru popup windows about 3 months ago that flooded my machine with ads and couldnt get rid of them, had to format and reimage my system. One of the admin guys at work showed me this. It works. The other is an ad stopper.
Edwin
http://www.panicware.com
http://lavasoft3.element5.com
Old 01-31-2003, 01:39 PM
sfaust

Nice. I hadn't seen that before. I guess since I was looking for something around a 280cc, I glossed over it and didn't even see it. I think the 200cc class is more than adequate, and this one sure would sound great. It turns almost as much as the 240, and is lighter? I wonder if I should believe that!

Thanks for the heads up.

Edwin, Thanks, I'll look into those as well.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:52 PM
3D_CAP232

Sfaust,
No problem, thats what these forums are for!!
Just make sure you post a video when you fire it up!!!
Cheers