Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Getting a savage X

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 12:06 AM
dight1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a savage X

I am planning on getting a brand new savage X from my hobbie shop here where i live.
I have heard there are a couple of "glitches" and "errors" with this truck.
Is this true?
And if it is what are the problems with it?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:30 AM
SpikeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting a savage X

I own a Savage X RTR, and have had very few problems with it. I have only stripped the underhead (which was my fault for not putting the glow plug in properly), broken the Roto Start 2 (which was again my fault for pressing the button much too long), and the Roto Start Backplate became loose (that is a common problem from the factory).

Yes, most people are not happy with the X RTR. Here are the problems that have been reported:

TVPs Bending easily on hard landings
Engine Plate bending easily on hard landings
Transmission Case flexing and stripping gears
Weak Spur Gears
Weak Differentials
Roto Start Backplate Loose from the factory

However, I have never had any of these problems (except for the backplate becoming loose), and my X has survived a lot of bad jumps. The X RTR is a great truck in my opinion, but you might need to do a few upgrades to make it bulletproof.

If you have the extra money, you should look into the Savage X SS, which is THE best Savage ever! I myself am getting one for Christmas, and I will be converting my X RTR for road use.