Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what bearings

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 03:03 PM
axisrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what bearings

i everybody merry christmas hope you good time well anyways i have a duratrax axis and im need new bearings for the wheels i would like good ones for my buggie
thanks
mike
Old 12-25-2006, 04:11 PM
nitromustang

Default RE: what bearings

Well,if your looking for good bearings,that will last a long time,get some boca ceramics.They are by far not cheap,but if taken care of they will outlast and standard bearing by far.Not to mention they also roll alot smoother.

Mike
Old 12-25-2006, 04:25 PM
swerv512

true, super quality bearings like those made by acer and boca run alot smoother- and costs sometimes 5x the $$$ of regualr ol' bearings. but in my honest opinion, i use duratrax sealed bearings for all my cars. you should look at bearings as DISPOSABLE items- meaning the should be replaced regularly. so i use less expensive but still quality bearings- clean & lube them maybe once and then change em out.
even serious racers who get the boca and acer bearings still change them out with a frequency that would amaze you.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:19 PM
axisrc

could you guys find some because i dont know want size to get for my buggie and how much money are we talkin bout
thanks
mike
Old 12-25-2006, 06:39 PM
XXXCRRacer

Run the Associated Teflon bearings. Never had a problem like I had with cheaper bearing.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:59 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Do not know what size but you should be able to find that out in the manual or on the manufactures web site. This is where I buy most of my bearings. Very good bearings at a very reasonable price.

http://www.avidrc.com/

Ask around and you will see a lot of RC people run them.