Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Dejavu (I think that is how it's spelled)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Dejavu (I think that is how it's spelled)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 02:51 PM
wnacrsh
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dejavu (I think that is how it's spelled)

I have picked up a copy of both Radio Control Car Action and RC Driver the last couple of months.

Are they run by the same outfit ?? The reason I ask is that when reading throught the pages they seem like the same magazine. Mostly the same vehicles up for review, also the same events, etc..

I also get copies of R/C Car and I am happy to see they have different articles than the other 2 above.

Now for the second question.. since both mags above are pretty much the same, I decided that next month only to get one or the other, and not waste 5.00 on the duplicate. Which one do you guys pefer ??

Thanks
Old 01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
ssj2

Default RE: Dejavu (I think that is how it's spelled)

RCCA seems to be the choice of a lot of people in the RC world. I've heard more RCCA than RC Driver.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:22 PM
tmaxx1701

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I prefer RCXtreme and RCCA. I am letting my R/C Car and Driver subscriptions run out. I can't keep up on 4 mags per month and alot of the stuff is the same
Old 01-06-2007, 08:00 AM
ross_jsy

im pretty limited on the island where i live to rc driver and rc racer and a few others. i prefer rc driver out of my little selection, but yes. they are sister companies
Old 01-06-2007, 03:59 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

RCCA is so biased in its reviews, that I don't even read what they write, and if I do, I laugh at the things they come up with. LOL.

Go with XRC or RC Driver
Old 01-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Dokioto

I like R/C Car the best...
Old 01-07-2007, 12:43 AM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

RCCA is so biased in its reviews, that I don't even read what they write, and if I do, I laugh at the things they come up with. LOL.

Go with XRC or RC Driver
true RCCA reviews are absolutely worthless, they'll praise the duratrax warhead if duracrap feeds them enough money under the table. lol what a joke
Old 01-07-2007, 06:44 PM
wnacrsh

I think I have decided to stop buying the RC Driver.

I like the Xtreme RC Cars magazine atleast the issue I have here. It has alot of tips in the mag.

I will keep with the RCCA mag also only because it was out before the RC Driver, they both have the same articles so I do not hink I will miss much. If they decide to do thier own thing then I will pick up their mags also.

And I like the R/C Car magazine. It is alittle on the small side compare to the others but it has different articles and I like variety.

Is the RCU magazine ever going to go into print or is it only ever going to be a web based mag ?? I like the reviews and how in depth the reviews are. I just wish I had a magazine to hold.

Also on another note. I picked up this magazine called Radio Control Monster Trucks I guess it's a special issue from RCCA . It is a real nice magazine. I wish that they would put it out monthly. It has a vast variety of truck knowledge. Except it was way over priced at $7.99
Old 01-07-2007, 06:45 PM
wnacrsh

P.S.
I noticed someone above mentioned RC Racer what type of selection does that mag offer ??
Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Rs43EVOman

im a fan of Rc Driver over RCCA any day. And ys they do always seem to have the exact same cars to review. Thats why i stopped subscribing to Rcca, and i sticking with the Rc driver.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Doahh

Internet > All Magazines...

Seriously magazines go out of date by the time they're printed and you can get the same info 3-4 weeks before you read the mag...
Old 01-07-2007, 11:41 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: Doahh

Internet > All Magazines...

Seriously magazines go out of date by the time they're printed and you can get the same info 3-4 weeks before you read the mag...
true, but sometimes its nice for people who have no R/C buddies (like me, I only have 1 friend who has an old TA03 RS which his dad bought, but he never runs it) to know that there are other people that are in the hobby. That's why I like this forum too, to see other people's stuff and hear what they have to say about other stuff. Heck yeah magazines are bad for updated info, but that is not at all the only use of a magazine. Also good if you don't have access to a computer at the moment, so you can just sit on the couch and read the mag.

I'm going to suscribe to RC driver soon, and I already have a RCCA subscpriction, though their reviews are crap, I like their mag with all its projects and a variety of R/C styles (MT's, ST's, buggies, TC's, minis, giant scales, crawlers, scale rigs...)
Old 01-08-2007, 01:27 AM
wnacrsh

With a web based magazine

I have to wait and boot the kids off the computer or wait til they leave or go to bed, then connect to internet, then sit in this uncomfortable chair , and then link to the site, and wait for page to upload. By the time all of this is done it's time to shut it down again.

With a magazine in hand I do not have to wait til kids are gone and yes I can sit on my couch or comfy chair anytime of the day and read, and for those tech pages I can take the mag to my work area and have the reference right in front of me. Or in bed at night finding something to read me off to sleep. The computer stand looks funny in bed with me.

I do believe there are still many RCers out there without constant access to the web and many young kids that walk by the new stand and grab mags up.

I would think there would be a demand for a "better" magazine. That has the in depth reviews that I have had "time" to upload and read.

I do wish RCU would put a magazine on the newstand