Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Dyeble parts??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Rs43EVOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyeble parts??

Ive got a tamiya Raybrig NSX Ta05, and i wanna know whether the rear wing, and the side mirros that come with it, are they dyeble? They come white, but i wanna dye them black. Can i do this with rit dye like how people dye wheels? If i can ive never done it before, and could anyone tell me how?

I know it doesnt llok like all that much, but i think when i mount the wing, side mirros, and put it on the body it will loook preatty good. I actually did use 3 colors in the painting. You cant really tell in the pic, but i used to different blues for the front and rear half.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:18 AM
WalawalaStore

Default RE: Dyeble parts??

Hi,

Those are ABS resin I guess and you can only dye nylon parts. Better paint those. Also, you should get a pair of curved scissors for those wheel arcs.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 AM
happywing

Default RE: Dyeble parts??

If you have a spare part around, I would do a test. I've dyed all kinds of different plastics with great success. If you keep the water hot enough, you can dye just about any plastic part.