Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Car going slower then normal,expecially taking off!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Car going slower then normal,expecially taking off!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 08:22 PM
naynay12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car going slower then normal,expecially taking off!

I have a VH-X5 4wd buggy,and yeasterday i have noticed it had been going slower then normal.My brother has a cheap electric buggy and at the start he was beating me in a drag!!!It may be a bit rich,its running on 260f, in about half way through a tank of fuel it reaches it maximun temperature,which is 260f.Now it may be the slipper clutch,where is the slipper clutch,and how do i check it.Also when it idles for about 30 seconds it takes about 3 seconds or more to start to move when i press WOT or half throttle !!.So what could be my problem,please explain where it is and how i can fix it if its not a common part on a car???I do not have a lsn.Thanks.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:54 AM
bte214

Default RE: Car going slower then normal,expecially taking off!

Well electric motors have more torque so they should beat you off the line. Make sure there is not any binding in the drivetrain. Make sure it is properly tuned. Check the glow plug and see how it glows. The slipper is the nut sticking out of the spur gear.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:57 AM
125cchyperman

When you let it sit for a while it will load up, all 2 strokes load up and since you dont have a lsn there's not a whole lot you can do to it to help this. But if you have a manual I would definately suggest reading it.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
naynay12

Ok,i have a maual that lets see...doesnt even tell me how to break in the car!And factory settings.Dont worry i have read the maual it just tells me that richer is anticlockwise and so on it doesnt evemn tell me how to tune the car.How do i check for binding in the drivetrain??????.My glowplug glows orange and right at the end for about 3mm it is a light black colour,i suppose this bit of the plug is suppose to be like that though.Thanks.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:33 PM
bte214

Check your linkage first to see if the brake is disengaging. THen move the spur and clutchbell aprt and roll it to see if it rolls. The small amount of black means it is running a little rich. Lean it out a little bit.