Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

faster savage

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:05 PM
abe-savage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default faster savage

ne one know how to make the svage 25 faster without buying ne thing
Old 01-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Elite_Tux487

Default RE: faster savage

Lean it out to a degree but watch the temps. Or when you buy fuel switch to a higher percentage.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 AM
paintstikker

Lighten it up by taking unessasary parts off to reduce weight. You won't really notice a difference, because it's more for a race where a second could make a difference.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:56 PM
krazor

stick it in the back of your real car and put your foot down?? LOL

seriouslly though there aint anything i can think of to make the sav faster for nothing you could reduce weight and stuff but you wont really notice any difference unless your at the track and even then it will only be around .01 of a second faster
Old 01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I wish I could say there is a way to make a Savage 25 faster without spending any money. Unfortunately this is not the case.

Now, if you want to increase acceleration (faster off the line and in drag-racing), reduce your gear ratio by getting a clutchbell with less teeth and a spur gear with more teeth. A 15T/52T ratio will help make your Savage faster for drag racing purposes. Spur gears are cheap, about $4-6 at on-line and at the local RC store. Clutchbells of different tooth counts can be had for about $15-20 each. A warning about such gear ratios: your Savage whill pull more wheelies and wheelies hurt acceleration seriously. Also, your top speed will suffer as well. Your stock 2speed tranny with a 15T/52T gear combo would be luck to even see 38MPH top speed (I have not done the actual calculations, so I am guseeing such a reduced gear ratio will be about 38MPH at 35000RPM. Somone who is willing to do the calculations tonight, please ost the estimate.)

Now, if you want top speed, you can get an 18T clutchbell and a 47T spur gear. The 18T/47T combo will seriously hurt your Savage's acceleration, and getting to top speed will take forever on a straight as long as an aircraft runway (this is an exageration, I dont know the actual length of straight track needed), but when the Savage is at top speed, it should be significantly faster. Again, you will have to shell out $4-6 for the spur gear and about $20 for the clutchbell. Note: your acceleration will be seriously hurt with such a top speed gear ratio.

The above are the cheapest methods to speed up your Savage that I can think of. You can buy larger diameter tires, this will cost about $100 to do so, and like the 18T/47T gear combo, will hurt acceleration.

Anyone else with any other ideas, please post. I too am intersted if theier are cheap speed-up tricks.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:04 PM
krazor

SAVAGEJIM You can buy larger diameter tires

Thats a good idea
just looking at the differnce in the mgt tire and the sav and the mgt seems about 1" bigger in diameter they are huge and make the stock mgt wheelie easily they are also the same hex as the sav so will bolt straight on (might make the sav look odd though)
ill put them on and post a pic

a set of four MGT tires and rims go for about £25 - £30 over here in the UK i think thats about $50 in th US
Old 01-09-2007, 08:19 PM
krazor

The Stock MGT is Way bigger than the stock savage