Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:31 PM
monstermatt2929

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie

I have just purchased the traxxas t-maxx and i would like ask you guys if there is any advice or tips you can give me, iam closing in on 6 tanks of gas and i think im nearing the break in period
Old 12-27-2006, 02:45 PM
running_gag

Default RE: newbie

The directions don't tell you this but make sure your piston is at BDC when your done running for the day. always clean your air filter, always use after run oil or wd40. what one did you get?
Old 12-27-2006, 03:48 PM
ob1n
My Feedback: (14)

Welcome to RCU MonsterMatt........I would say, from my experience, the key to nitro longevity is after-run oil and an air compressor to blow things off. Plus, wipe off any excess fuel/exhaust slime from the body, tires, etc.. Basically, keep it as clean as you can. If you do that and keep that baby lubed in between runs....you should have very few, if any, problems. They are like little cars/trucks...and they require maintenance.....but, remember these things are travelling at scale speeds past 200+ mph. Ask any chief mechanic of a racing team and they'll say cleanliness and maintenance are KEY to performance. Otherwise, enjoy!!! This is a great time to be a part of the hobby.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:12 PM
jammin maxx 27

Brake in period was over at 5 tanks.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 PM
jammin maxx 27

If you plan on jumping a lot get some new shocks. other wise the thing bottoms out real hard.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
jammin maxx 27

why do need piston at bdc?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
running_gag

if the sleeve cools while the piston is at the top, the piston will not shrink back to size, shortening the life of said piston and sleeve.