Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

a question for any one who wants to help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

a question for any one who wants to help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:00 PM
HPI DIRT DAWG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a question for any one who wants to help

i own a nitro hpi mt and i just lost control of it the other day and it hit a wall, now i need to know wat i should do try to fix the chassis myself or get a new on, any help is thanked

glen
Old 01-05-2007, 06:46 PM
aer-wubby

Default RE: a question for any one who wants to help

ORIGINAL: HPI DIRT DAWG

i own a nitro hpi mt and i just lost control of it the other day and it hit a wall, now i need to know wat i should do try to fix the chassis myself or get a new on, any help is thanked

glen
Well, what broke? The chassis is basically the whole thing without radio gear and engine.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

post some pictures. For quick fixes, I use JB weld. It dries pretty hard and will work on almost all nonporous materials.

Try looking for a used chassis in ebay, sometimes you can get them for cheap.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Hack u 2

If you like the line it's not bad to own two. In the long run its cheaper than individual parts. Buy another!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:55 PM
HPI DIRT DAWG

well the front end of the chassis got bent upwards and now i think i can make it normal but i dont know if i should try it or not and i really am on a buget so ya, and i think some of the linkeage was broke and a dogbone so should i just get new parts or does anyone know if i can get parts for cheap?
thankyou
glen
Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 PM
HPI DIRT DAWG

the front end of the chassis was thashed and bent uppard and the streeing linkage took some wat of a beatin, so now if you were to put it back to gather nothing fits right and its cocked to the right
Old 01-05-2007, 09:16 PM
HPI DIRT DAWG

got some pics up not that great but you can see most of it to a point
Old 01-05-2007, 09:35 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Buy new parts, as when aluminum is bent and you bend it back if it does not break it will be very weak.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 AM
bte214

Same thing happened to me years ago. I just bent it back, it turned out fine. As long as it is only bent and there are no cracks I'd say go for it. If you are that worried then get a new chassis.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:22 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's worth a try at least - if it doesn't work then buy another chassis, simple as that.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:00 PM
codykrr

it would prolly be cheapest to get new parts....chassis are usually farely cheap...i dont know wat else is broke...but im sure you could at least try and bend the old chassis back..just dont bend fast...do it nice and slow...or you will crease it and snap...its happened to me a few times....also if it hit the wall the first thing i would do to prevent that would be investing in a new transmitter and reciever...like to futaba or something....and also get a failsafe so if it "runs" from you again it will stop and shut off that will eleminate that problem...then your driving will determine if you hit the wall again....chassis are around $10.00 to $20.00 and the linkages arent expensive at all...first price all the parts you need see if its in your budget and whatever you can reuse do so...even if you have to do some bending, tweaking or just plain rig it up...till you can afford parts...i mean part of the reason people get into these is to do repairs...thats half the fun with these things...it allows the inner "engineer" out of everyone...unless your rich and just take it to the hobby store and pay for it to get fixed....then i suggest going back to electric...or selling your car and giving up the hobby...because to me thats not what this hobby is about...some good places i would suggest going to that are decently priced..are www.hobbytron.com www.rcmart.com www.raidentech.com or you can simply browse yourself... some times it is also cheaper if you look for parts that arent the same brand as your....but are the same thing you need and will fit properly kinda make a frankenstien....i have a smartech...but its cheaper to get t-maxx and hpi parts because smartech parts have to be shipped and handling is usually double the price of a part..and my lhs carries hpi and t maxx parts that are same price as online minus the shipping.....i hope this may help you out a little bit

thanks, cody
Old 01-07-2007, 01:42 PM
125cchyperman

I would just get a new chassisn as once it's bent it's not worth saving. For one thing the the chances of you bending it back to texactly how it was is slim and it may not track straight. And if you race with it you will have handling problems, and a new chassis shouldnt be all that expensive. But it's up to you and want you want to do.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
HPI DIRT DAWG

ya thanks, i always wanted to get in to this stuff cause i love workin on cars a i thought that this would be cool and it is but the model i found is hard to find parts for, and now im running traxxas blots and stuff so ya i think im like going to just make the truck like my own that no one has.

thanks for the info

glen
Old 01-09-2007, 12:19 AM
codykrr

and thats the whole point of this hobby making your own that no one else has,kinda like a real car....if thats your case your definatly on thright path in this hobby...i got traxx, hpi, smartech, all kinda of brands...its my frankenstien muahhhaha..lol just try to salvage what you can and get new of what you can afford...my buggy is 2wd at the moment cause i cant afford the driveshaft to make the 4wd work[:@]...good luck...and what brand is it i may know a good spot for parts
Old 01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
HPI DIRT DAWG

its a HPI RS4 MT if you wanted to noe

glen
Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
codykrr

sweet, im fixing to buy a team losi gtx...i need a fuel tank for it..but its going to be sweet, has a os.18cv in it...2speed and some big tires..i dont think there stock with the truck but its sweet, my smartech is down for now...well i need some batteries, and its only 2 wd right now cause i lost my front drive shaft, so it just spins and does doughnuts...makes it hard to drive. so im waiting to get this truck or truggy whatever you would call it..there this awsome 4 wheeler trail here to drive on..has jumps and all kinds of cool driving spots....so when i get it im going to drive it...my buggy was broke there!! parts went flying so im going to upgrade that some before i drive it on that trail again...i got to upgrade the wheels and shocks...it bottoms out to much now and that made my parts fly out but i wanna see what this truck is made of maybe try and break some stuff
Old 01-11-2007, 04:56 PM
HPI DIRT DAWG

sounds pretty sweet, im just going to upgrade my truck and my it better so i can make it last longer
Old 01-11-2007, 11:50 PM
codykrr

yeah but i just have fun....if i see something cool il do it...if that means sacrificing some parts well i got more...and im bored alot...so it gives me an excuse to do something productive like totally rebuild a car and make my own little mods here and there little things but detail matters...thats what makes it fun for me though...ha and i got my buggy running and i got it out and drove it for like 5 or 6 hours and then i took it out, that one more time cause i couldnt wait just had to kinda thing and boom! i broke it...first i seen a bent shock, then missing screws, and i twisted off the ball on my driveshaftand bent the shock tower...so haha i got to fix it again[>:]