Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Painting helper and tip

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Painting helper and tip

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 09:28 PM
turbines
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting helper and tip

Here's a neat tool I found at Wal-Mart the other and it works for me just great. I just about paint all of my planes now days. I have always had trouble getting the small amounts that we use out of the can (two part auto paint= $) without wasting paint and filling that little groove around the paint can opening. I found these little stainless measuring spoons at WalMart for $3.46. I have bent the handles so I can dip the spoon portion down in the can with no fuss or bother. I guess you could use the plastic variety, but I was afraid of trying to bend this type with heat. I also converted the kitchen type units to mils and scribed them on each spoon, this way I can get the ratios very close. The auto paints that I use are not mixed with equal amounts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	52214_719.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	32268  
Old 02-16-2003, 02:18 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Painting helper and tip

Great idea. I'm getting some tomorrow.....Bobcat painting starts Monday.

Bob