Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is there one Mr Big behind these Guys ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is there one Mr Big behind these Guys ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:06 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is there one Mr Big behind these Guys ?

Like I said, wait till you need parts. The skinny is some dealers won't sell SK kits because few if any of the replacement parts fit because the planes keep getting made by other factories. I have to admit I gave BVM a lot of heat when I first came on the scene, but I have admit. One, the guy makes QUAILTY stuff and two you can get a hold of them when you need something. The Asian’s make stuff for a buck three eighty and charge BVM prices. I’m beginning to question the safety issues. I heard that a company was selling planes here in the U.S. when they haven't even test flew the proto type! And how many elevator upgrades is SK going to make on the hornets!

huuuuuummmmm makes you wonder

ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan

Your right, pay the workers 120 bucks a year and charge BV prices. Its all gotten ridiculous, you get rid of all your reps and then Hmmmmm one shows up in Texas.
ORIGINAL: warbird_1

RIGHT ON GORDEN, those guys take enough of our money back home with them.
ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: FalconWings
All kidding aside, Anton really should so business with BV.
Given how hard and carefully BV has worked to get a reputation as a trustworthy business that will be there for you in the long run, why on earth would he choose to work with a guy like Anton who changes companies more frequently than some jet guys change their underwear ?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:11 AM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jetlag your right, ET would have the answers we seek. when he gets both feet back on the ground he will answer.

Mark
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2007, 12:54 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The Asian’s make stuff for a buck three eighty and charge BVM prices."
Guess I'm missing something here, as I haven't found any of the asian kits anywhere near BV's prices.
An example, you can get a Skymaster 1/5th F-16 with everything for about $4000, including shipping. That's almost HALF the price of a BVM F-100 or F-86. Jetledgend is coming out with their F-16 for even less money.
I agree that the support is not the same as BV, and if that's important to you then the asian stuff is not the way to go, but you do get an awful lot of airplane for $4000.
BRG,
Jon
Old 01-19-2007, 07:16 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: F106A

"The Asian’s make stuff for a buck three eighty and charge BVM prices."
Guess I'm missing something here, as I haven't found any of the asian kits anywhere near BV's prices.
I'm getting lost here. Who really make the KC / BC and Bandit -arf? and who sells them? and at what price?

I'm going for another beer now.

rgds

Old 01-19-2007, 07:47 AM
tahfiet

They are not made in china
Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: tahfiet

They are not made in china

yea, but they are made close enough ... BVM came in behind the ball on these Chinese ARF's ... they tried dabbling with marketing thee in marketing the TamJets F-18 ( developed by JetLegend, and funded by Cermark partially ) .. however most of thee f-18's are bought from Tam directly anyway with same or better quality gear, and for less ... If BVM wants to stay competitive for the long run ( especially here in the US with our instant gratification society ) , he will at least need to get involved in developing some cheap scale stand off scale ARF's in China himself .... Around a year ago i spoke to one of the guys from BVM and tried prying more info from them on what is up and coming ... i was told at the time all scale projects were scrapped ( this was before BVM bought out the tooling for the modified CAI Panther from Dan Gill, and BVM was going to be looking into having "skymaster like priced" ARFs released of the current AFS line, ( of course with the great BVM hardware and gear adding a few $, and justly so ) ... if this is the plane, then the sooner they can pull this off, the bettoer off they will be ... Its sad that business has to be so cut throat these days .. look at poor JetHangar Hobbies and how their attempt in the cheap ARF market ended up with a nice backstabbing ... now look at all the knock offs ... Not know much in this country, but even non-arf planes ( like the PMC l1011), have been arfed by the Asians .... There is even talk of ARF composite copies of some Ziroli planes in the works ..... bottom line, its a changing market, im really hoping that in the aftermath of all this we as the modelers are not left with only mediocre and cheap kits and ARF's to choose from ..

Voy

Old 01-19-2007, 09:59 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

There's enough space for BVM and Jet Legend here. BVM needs to do nothing. How do they get around selling $11,000 kits, I don't know, but good for them. One thing I do give to them, when you open up a BV kit and open up the blueprints and lay out the parts, Holy [X(], they do look like REAL drawings with very relevant information. It's almost like an engineering firm that deals with models. That comes at a price. Not to mention how hard it would be to make a chicken cross the river, imagine trying to make someone with absolutley no modeling or flying skills succeed with an F-100? They seem to have the formula.

IMAGE IS EVERYTHING.

Do we go to Episode IV here or do we go back to Episode I??

Damn I love those Bandits.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

People who don't respect their words are not good businessmen, they deserve all the damage they get especially if we the end users are benefited, but still I never bought any of that cXXb.