Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Transmitter Modifications

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Transmitter Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Brimauster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Modifications

Being that I know precisely nothing about RC equipment, is it possible to add a pushbutton on a transmitter to control firing the gun? Obviousy I would have to take it to a qualified person to do this, but is it possible? What about a programmable transmitter?
Old 01-21-2007, 04:29 PM
raimian

Default RE: Transmitter Modifications

the easyest way would be to use a electronic or mechanical switch interface, this way when you push a channels stick one way it will do one function (eg elevation unit) and when you push it the other way it will do another function (eg fire airsoft gun).

there are 2 that i know of, a mechanical one is made by "robbe" and fits on a servo, and the other electronic one can be got from robot marketplace.

the robbe one http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.s...1c3e0dc1460684 , listed under electric accessorys/switches/universal/ MECHANICAL 2-FUNC. SWITCH.

the electronic one http://www.robotmarketplace.com/mark...mdelta_rc.html

i hope this helps
Old 01-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Brimauster

I was thinking more of a button on the hand held transmitter (radio). The electronics I will be putting in will have the stick movements all tied up. So in effect, when I'm driving around the yard, I just want to push a button on the transmitter to fire the gun while at the same time, I'm rotating the turret. Something like this:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64442.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	603377  
Old 01-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see why it cannot be done. The existing functions are there. Just relocating the function of the left stick movement (forward travel to fire gun) to a momentary pushbutton should be pretty feasible.

Once that is accomplished and now that the left stick's forward travel no longer fires the gun, it would seem that making it raise and lower the gun as separate functions, per your illustration, might be a bit trickier. In stock form the gun continually cycles up and down so you would need to be able to reverse the elevation motor.

Good ideas there,
-Harq
Old 01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
ssocr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this out. Easy enough to do yourself: http://www.fragarmor.org/Advanced%20Hints%203.htm
Old 01-22-2007, 05:44 AM
b.bullfrog

I've done this to both my radios- Futaba and Airtronics.The way that is shown but the previous listing is how it is done on the futaba.