Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

airsoft hop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 07:28 PM
pugman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airsoft hop-ups

seen on matos site they have what they call super kits with upgrades they had listed with one of the upgrades as airsoft hopups just wanted to know what they do to it to hop it up?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: airsoft hop-ups

This is a "hop-up" that exists in the original HL product claim and not anything extra offered by Mato.

Basically a "hop-up" it is the addition of backspin on the 6mm BB as it exits the barrel. It stabilizes the BB through its flight and helps it fly straight. I believe this function does not exist on the HL tank because some have said they didn't see it when they opened the barrel up.
I think it is supposed to be a small bulge located inside the barrel that imparts a squeeze on the BB as it passes by thus causing it to spin backwards.

-Harq
Old 01-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Harq's right, the HL tanks don't have Hop-up. I upgraded my HL gun to a V's one. The V's gun has a small bump on the rubber seal that fits between the airsoft gun and the barrel.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:03 PM
pugman2

they also stated the super kit had improved smoker and metal gearboxes and a better batt is this a scam or are they indead added extras.never had one thats why im asking dont want to get scammed
Old 01-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Wozwasnt

ORIGINAL: pugman2

they also stated the super kit had improved smoker and metal gearboxes and a better batt is this a scam or are they indead added extras.never had one thats why im asking dont want to get scammed

The standard tanks come with plastic gearboxes and a 1700mah battery.

The Mato tank does come with a metal gearbox and a 2000mah battery so these are extras. The bit about the smoker is so that you know you're getting a tank with the new version smoker which is meant to be a big improvment over the old one. The part about Hop-up is just part of the Heng Long discription (it says Hop-up on the box) but it doesnt have it. This is Heng Long's fault and not Matos.

A lot of people buy these tanks with a view of upgrading them, Mato just helps with some of the more common upgrades.

I live in the UK so I've never used Mato, but a lot of people on this forum do and I get the impression that they are highly recomended. They test the tanks before they post them as a lot of Heng Long tanks seem to leave the factory faulty and they seem to have Customer satisfaction pretty high on their priority list.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:09 AM
pugman2

thanks for the replt im new to tanks just trying to finda little info before i jump into something new
Old 01-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Wozwasnt

Better safe then sorry.

Start a new post "Mato - advice needed" and ask other users what they think of MATO. The forums normaly quiet at weekends so don't expect a flood of replies straight away.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Harquebus

Oh no, please don't.

There's already a post on that subject and fairly recent. I believe it is called "Mato Poll". Just look for it in the older pages or via the search function at the bottom of the main RC Tanks page.

My opinion only: 2000maH battery: [sm=thumbs_up.gif] Metal gears: [sm=thumbs_down.gif]. Tamiya, considered top of the line by many, uses the same type of plastic (actually nylon) gears so they're proven. Metal gears will require more maintenance than nylon because they produce more friction and wear.
While a 2000maH battery is a big improvement over the 1700, 7.2V batteries in all sorts of capacities are a dime a dozen. Most serious tankers are opting for the 3600 and higher types and those can be had from countless vendors.
I'm a cheapo...

-Harq

ORIGINAL: Wozwasnt

Better safe then sorry.

Start a new post "Mato - advice needed" and ask other users what they think of MATO. The forums normaly quiet at weekends so don't expect a flood of replies straight away.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
pugman2

is it possibleto ad bearings to the gearboxes? on the hl im mainly looking at the bulldog
Old 01-22-2007, 07:47 AM
swathdiver

Search this and other tank forums and you'll find the answeres to your questions. You can do anything you want to the gearboxes, just depends on how creative and determined you are. Do the gearboxes NEED bearings? I don't think so.