Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Motor control

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:00 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Motor control

Dark.Rider I have a question for you. Can the Think Tank Drive handle the Graupner Speed400 motors? I saw in your FAQ that the electronics can handle 5amps but do not know what the Speed400s are. Anyone you know run these motors?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Dark.Rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

Drive (the torque control) only runs properly with the original motors. But if you mean, if the ESCs can handle the Speed400, I'm sorry but I don't know. Try to find some specs of them. The maximum current must not exceed 5 Amps.

Cheers,
Th.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:07 AM
swathdiver

Ok, the Speed400s are advertised at 7amps max. Thanks. Next, there are two motors that Heng Long uses, the black capped ones and the white capped 385 Suntechs. I'm assuming your equipment is geared for the Suntechs?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Dark.Rider

Hello!

There are indeed two types. The original fast motors and same looking slower ones. The slow motors make the tank drive better with the original electronics, but they are too slow for in scale Vmax. You sould use the faster type. I think, they have a white cap (but I already seen some with black and metal cap and I'm not sure if the type is distinguishable on the cap).

Cheers,
Th.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:26 AM
swathdiver

Thanks for the information. I'll be eagerly awaiting your release of the sound unit for the Pershing tank, then I'll purchase a complete set for at least two tanks this year. I like the fact that you can stick with the original controller, keeps things economical for me as I have 10 of these things now!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:08 AM
raimian

does your el-mod system work with switch interfaces and mechanical switches??, as in one of my tanks i currently use a mechanical switch setup to get 5 functions from a 4channel transmitter/reciever.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:43 AM
raimian

ive just heard back from the el-mod people and their system is fully controlled from 4channels, which means no having to buy expensive transmitters.

also they said that they will be makeing a higher rated controller sometime around the autum. so we will eventually be able to use 400 motors with the new higher rated el-mod system.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:59 AM
Dark.Rider

Hello!

Please read the FAQ. I wrote down all the important things there (inclusive the usual proportional stuff like channel count and so on): http://www.rc-panzerketten-forum.com...?threadid=6810

The news about the high power motor drivers is a vague plan. It depends on the demand and there are a lot of other important projects in the queue to do. I'm the only developer and first of all need a longer break after the blaster is released

Cheers,
Th.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:33 AM
Dark.Rider

Hello!

I got an email from a Nick Allen. It can only be someone from rcuniverse.

@Nick: please resend the email. my spam filter dug its claws into it by accident!

Cheers,
Th.