Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for Traxxas Nitro Hawk Transmisison

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Looking for Traxxas Nitro Hawk Transmisison

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 04:41 PM
I_C_E_Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Traxxas Nitro Hawk Transmisison

The company doens't care that I need a transmission, they just say "it's been discontinued go else were". If anyone has one laying around or is selling a complete Nitro Hawk/Buggy I'll be willing to buy it from them, or if you know of a place to get one I'll be greatful for the information.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:43 PM
injectedsmile16

Default RE: Looking for Traxxas Nitro Hawk Transmisison

I dont have any idea where to get one but did you try calling down to your LHS and seeing if they can get one for you. They have distributors that will probably have something. I have a question though..do you need the whole transimisson or just transmisson gears or shafts or some other transmission parts? Also what happened for you to need it?...later
Old 10-06-2003, 08:04 PM
3rcfreaks

i have one i just pulled apart i can see if its all still in okay shape.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:05 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

You might try ebay for this truck. Im sure you will find one you could use as a parts car.

Dbow
Old 10-07-2003, 05:37 AM
nitrofan

I also have a Nitro Hawk Im trying to get going again. If I give up Ill let you know and you can get the tranny from me. I, too, am finding it hard to get parts for this old truck, but the last time I looked there were several on e-bay. The problem is most of them are too well-maintained for use as a parts truck, and people are beginning to realize that its becoming a collectors item. No way Im gonna pay $300 for parts for a truck that i plan to bash, 'cause I dont believe in "shelf only show queens" I dont want to put it on a shelf, I wanna abuse the snot out of it. Thats what r/c is made for!

"The one with the most broken toys wins!"
Old 10-07-2003, 10:26 AM
3rcfreaks

hi
i checked it over and its in good shape bearings and gears are great except for the spur gear .

heres a pic let me know if you want it and we can work something out.
lyndon [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71626.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	66119  
Old 10-07-2003, 03:31 PM
I_C_E_Y

Well my problem is that I get no power to the wheels. I've taken the transmission apart several times and I've never have found what is causing it. I had to rebuild a motor on my work bench and I left my Transmission on the desk and now I'm missing 1 baring and the bushings. It also seemed like the gears were not grabing even though they were fine with it apart. I really have no clue, it's been so long sence I ran the thing and took it aprart and I would like to run it again.

3rcfreaks. I can use my spur gear on it, but I would like to see what everyone says about my problem before we negotiate.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
nitrofan

Is the slipper mechanism on the spur gear tight enough? If it is too loose, or the friction plate behind teh spur gear is damaged, then no power would go to the wheels. try tightening the nut/spring in the center of the spur gear first. Unless you have a powerhouse engine or no traction, slippers are not necessary in my opinion. tighten that a little first, and see what happens.

Hey 3rcfreaks, do you have any more nitro hawk parts? I need a front body mount (on top of front shock tower) and a set of steering knuckles/spindles. A set of useable shocks would be nice too. Like I said, I really wanna try to make this thing go again.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:40 AM
3rcfreaks

yes i have the front and back shock towers they graphite i think the front one has the body mounts on it. i think i have the front spindles and turnbuckles. if you want i think parts from rustler are interchangeable with some of the hawk stuff. the shocks i dont have sorry.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:31 PM
nitrofan

How much for the front body mount and steering knouckles? You got a price in mind?
Old 10-08-2003, 10:12 PM
3rcfreaks

nitrofan give me your adress and i will see what shipping will be then we can go from there. hows that sound. i also have a tuned pipe exhaust for a nitro hawk if interested.
i have most of the parts laying around for it so let me now if you need anything else . i will take pics of parts tommorow if not at work and post them
Old 10-09-2003, 03:35 AM
nitrofan

Right now I have an APO address in Korea (U.S. Army) but I will be moving to Raleigh, NC in early November. I could use the tuned pipe, too, but the wife limits my r/c spending so I need to know what you want for the parts. We can worry about the shipping later. Let me know what the parts are worth to you, and we'll go from there.

BTW, what engine do you have on it? I literally threw the stock .12 in the trash. Its been through about 5 sets of piston/sleeve and I got sick of it. I modified a Kyosho GS15R to fit the chassis, but im having some trouble with that clutch-brake assembly. The case on the motor is fatter than the .12, and I cant get the brake to fit right. Any ideas?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:05 AM
bjc617

i seen this post yes nitro hawks are starting to become a collectible i have one it is in mint condition new engine motor chasis everything exhaust and body servos transmitter i got the truck going over 40 mph i gotta fix the brakes thought for some reason they suck when i use it the car slows down but still rolls man i think that there might be a air leak in the fuel wire cause i have a new fuel tank in it and when i press the punmp to make the gas go to it it goes up but then goes back down so im going to bring it to the hobby shop saturday and get all that fixed and i am gonna put a failsafe in it cause i am taking this thing out the whole summer
Old 01-09-2007, 09:59 PM
savagemonte

dude plz tell me how you got your nitro hawk over 40 mph? plzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-10-2007, 06:43 PM
hands without shadows

No offense but if its really starting to become a collectors item you dont want to have to find parts for it. Why not sell it for the collectors price and get something similar but more modern so its cheap and easy to fix?
Old 01-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Vankata

ORIGINAL: 3rcfreaks

nitrofan give me your adress and i will see what shipping will be then we can go from there. hows that sound. i also have a tuned pipe exhaust for a nitro hawk if interested.
i have most of the parts laying around for it so let me now if you need anything else . i will take pics of parts tommorow if not at work and post them
I definantly need a tuned pipe. How much do you want for it?