Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New here...have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 06:56 PM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here...have a few questions

Hi there,
I've been combing through this message board for a few days trying to get acquainted with Nitro RCs and related info.

I am about to purchase my first car (Savage 21) and was curious if there is a better or worse type of starter kit to use with this car. I was thinking of ordering the kit from towerhobbies.com it includes a Duratrax Kwik-Pit 250cc fuel bottle, Dura Trax O'Donnell 20% racing fuel and Great Planes long ProGlo starter clip w/meter & charger.

Are these items sufficient for a starter kit? Is there a better brand or type to use? Are there any other items I should get with this kit? Tools, etc.?

I am a tweaker by nature so it's only a matter of time before I start modifying the car to the best of my wallet's capabilities. Are there any other immediate hop-ups I should just go ahead and order with the new car? My intention isn't to race but more for recreation.

I will continue browsing these forums as I have already come up with some good info...but anything you can add would be greatly helpful.

Also I found a pretty good deal on these cars at www.usahobbystore.com has anyone dealt with these guys before? Is there anywhere selling them cheaper than $383 + $35 for the reverse module + $9 shipping? That seems like a damn good deal.

Thank you kindly for your help,
Waverave
www.biketweakers.com
Old 02-04-2003, 11:07 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

A few guys who have the Savage 21 have already put high torque steering servos on theirs as the stock steering servo just does not have good torque....according to them.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:39 AM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

Cool thanks for the tip I will look into that.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:57 PM
elbowcreek

Yeah definately you will want to put a better steering servo in your truck, those big tires take a lot of torque to turn them you will want something in the 100oz. in. range
Old 02-11-2003, 08:10 PM
tsim712

A friend of mine is excited that they have a reverse module for the Savage. Being a RC10 owner, I don't go backwards often If you upgrade the steering servo, you can use the old one for the reverse. We haven't received our module yet, someone else may have more information or opinion.

tracy
Old 02-11-2003, 11:17 PM
elbowcreek

I'm sure that your old servo will work just fine for the reverse set up it doesn't have to be a special one for that so it should work fine
Old 02-12-2003, 06:55 AM
eddiedeverell

hey man, this is going to sound dumb my by a body reamer ( for making holes in the body for posts ) and an Ofna circle cutter, for air cooling. This helps out a ton.