Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I know a racing clutch will improve performance, but what does this mean?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I know a racing clutch will improve performance, but what does this mean?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 03:44 AM
AznAbyss952

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know a racing clutch will improve performance, but what does this mean?

The clutch shoes have three mounting holes for three different
adjustments.
-First set-up is mounted in the first hole in the clutch bell,
this allows the clutch to engage at low RPM's for smooth
acceleration.
-Second set-up is mounted in the second hole in the clutch bell, then the excess clutch bell is removed (the first mounting hole is cut off), this allows the clutch to engage at higher RPM's for more bottom end.
-Third set-up is mounted in the third hole in the clutch bell,
then the excess clutch bell is removed (the second mounting hole is cut off), this allows the clutch to engage at higher RPM's for even more bottom end, and is good for high bite tracks.

So bottom end is acceleration right? If not what the hell is it? lol I know this is n00b question but I dont care lol
Old 02-05-2003, 03:55 AM
Krusty

Default I know a racing clutch will improve performance, but what does this mean?

I have the HPI racing clutch in both of my trucks. I use the center or second set of holes on the pins with the excess "holes" cut off. It works well for me. I have great acceleration with that setup and the engine doesn't have to be "screaming" to get the truck moving.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:59 AM
AznAbyss952

So I guess I would use the 1st or 2nd hole for good low rpm engament. right?
Old 02-05-2003, 04:07 AM
Krusty

Originally posted by Krusty
I use the center or second set of holes on the pins with the excess "holes" cut off. It works well for me. I have great acceleration with that setup and the engine doesn't have to be "screaming" to get the truck moving.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:58 AM
nopistonRX7

I use the second hole with the first cut off. The first just didn't seem quick enough for me. The second hole seemed perfect so I didn't even bother with the third.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:51 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

lol Krusty.. your like my LAb teacher.. HE'll either say "Read the directions" or go over it so quick that we dont have time to understand it.. pure evil lol
-ram
Old 02-05-2003, 05:48 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Yes, I also use the second hole. It works pretty good. I really like the clutch. It was a great hop up for the money.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:01 AM
AznAbyss952

I guess I know what hole I'll be trying first. lol Thanx guys
Old 02-06-2003, 02:07 AM
proficient

i use the HPI racing clutch and it is in the 2nd hole, but i havent cut any of the clutch shoes...should i cut them and where/why?
Old 02-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Krusty

Originally posted by proficient
...should i cut them and where/why?
The directions that come with the racing clutch explain that you should remove the "end holes" and gives photos on how it is done. It's that simple!! If you don't have instructions, they are available on the HPI website.