Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best pipe for my GS Storm rtr?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 05:59 PM
gunrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best pipe for my GS Storm rtr?

I recently bought a used GS Storm rtr and the shop I bought it @ told me I can not run the pipe it came with on thier indoor track because it's unbaffled. Any idea on the best pipe to replace it with. I figure if I have to shell out the clams I might as well get the best possible. I understand most U guys/gals run 1/10 cars but thought i'd check.

Thanx GUNRUNNER
Old 02-05-2003, 09:02 PM
kyokai2

Default Pipe?

You will have to give more information about the engine your running, type of track (big or small) very open or techinical and what power curve your looking for. What pipe does it have on it now. Are you looking for a slip-on type or one piece? Let us know the answers to these questions and we will be more apt to give you advice.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:28 PM
gunrunner

okeedokee The engine is the stock GS21B-01. The only track in my area is more tight and tech. than open. As far as what kind of pipe I have now I don't know. I would assume it's the stock unit. As far as what i'm looking for I don't care as long as it's baffled. Power curve I guess would be for low end???

Sorry I didn't know there was so much involved.

Thanx GUNRUNNER
Old 02-05-2003, 10:00 PM
kyokai2

Default Pipe?

Cool, Im not to familiar with that engine but I would assume it has less than 2 hp. Your best bet would be the 63 series slip-on style pipe. You might want to talk a little more to the track manager as to the exact baffle type pipe they require but any pipe that is baffled should be acceptable. Also, if your running on a tight track run a low number of teeth on your clutch bell (13) will work great. RB concepts and NovaRossi make some excellant pipes but they're about 80$ for the slip-on type.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:29 PM
humboldtblazer

Actually the engine has 2.3 HP and its stonger than **** I know cuz I run one. Go with this pipe its dual chamber and quiter my buddy and I both have the Storm with the same engine you have and his is noticeably quiter with this pipe. This is a cheaper pipe you could go with a Nova Rossi if your budget is bigger http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...p?prod=DYN6606