Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Best 1/4 scale Piper Cub plans

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Best 1/4 scale Piper Cub plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 08:43 PM
scudrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 1/4 scale Piper Cub plans

I am looking to buy 1/4 scale Piper Cub plans. I am ready to start scratch build project. Just looking for recommendations on which plans to buy.

Also eventually would like to fly on floats, so this is a factor too.

Scudrunner
Old 02-15-2003, 03:36 AM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best 1/4 scale Piper Cub plans

Ok...here ya go...Ive built them all,,,I personaly like the Balsa USA,,,but if you talk to the others,,,they like Sig...as far as plans go,,the plane is so simple that you could build them from any plan..the cub likes,,(LOVES) floats but I didnt like the airfoil on the Balsa USA...I made changes to that and it gets off the water fine..if you build a !/4 scale, then use a smaller moter,,,dont use a 180 in it to get off the water...one thing no one talkes about is alt. im at 4660 and mine get off with a OS 90 4 stroke,turning a 14-8 .If your in Cal,,then you might need to put a bigger moter in it because of the thicker air. Good luck with your cub as I love all mine...I build a half scale that I power with a 150 3-w and thats a little bit much...if you want to see it...e-mail me at ,,,[email protected],,Ill send you a cpl of pics..the tail is off a great planes 60 blown up to 1/2 scale the wing panels are semi sym. blown up to 1/2 scale from a Hanger 9 cub and the fuse is Balsa USA...what a combo huh...LOL...and now Im on the floats as they are balsa usa 1/4 scale 1400's,,,blown up as well....cant wait to fly this one...