Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

100cc Yak - Quique or TOC1/Aviation Models/SD Model ??

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

100cc Yak - Quique or TOC1/Aviation Models/SD Model ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:42 PM
bpcfod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 100cc Yak - Quique or TOC1/Aviation Models/SD Model ??

very nice craftmanship.......I took my cowl off to inspect it mine looks ok thankfully...Thanks for the bood input on this... whats the est. cost for a set of foam cut and sheeted wings ready for hinging????
Old 02-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Brent G
My Feedback: (5)

Glad you liked my work. As far as a price, I am not sure. I made the set for my brother at cost. The bad thing was that he needed them fast so freight was $190. I completely finished the wings for him, including covering. There was almost 60 hours put into them. I am sure that I could have them shiped for much less if I set up a ups account and did not use a ups store. Here is the breakdown on cost. Contest grade balsa sheeting $65, carbon fiber, resin and gorilla glue $10, foam $20, Socket $9, hinges $5, balsa for tips/LE/TE ect $10. Total is $119. If I pay myself like the Chinese say $2.00/hr labor would be $120. Say $239 plus freight. You would need to drill the root cap for the rotation pins. You might also check with some of your club members to see if there is any one that can cut foam and do the vacume bagging for you. I am not in the busines of mass producing these wings. I am working on my new yak designe that I will probably be offering in a kit form. PM me if you want to talk about building the wings.

Brent
Old 02-11-2007, 12:54 PM
JJ Jennings

I have the SD models yak. Carbon fiber gear, no wheel pants, no spinner, and is equiped with smoke. Im using fromeco 2400 ma battery packs and twin receivers. Total weight is 27.75 pounds. The wing loading is 28.76 oz in. This is really low for a plane this size. The QQ yak at 26 pounds would be a wing loading of 30.3 oz in. This also is a very low wing loading. Now for the differences.
The QQ yak color scheme is not very appealing in the pictures but is a beautiful airplane in real time. The molded canopy results in a really nice finish. The SD models canopy has to be cut out and glued on. The QQ yak has a lowered main wing and a more narrowed fusealage. I like the size of the SD model, it really looks big. Both are great flyers, no mixing needed for for knife edge flight. My SD model pulls out of hovers with ease ( DA 100), hovers at 1/4 throttle. Good luck with your decision.