Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

All Metal Wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Kabul Tanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Metal Wheels...

Question for everyone... I have just installed metal wheels on my Tiger... to line up the track and create an idler system... Well I have noticed the wheels which are one piece roll freely, but the two piece ones... the inner plastic part rolls freely but once the outer metal wheel is placed onto the plastic one, it no longer free rolls.

All I can think of is the plastic shaft, which fits into the shaft on the metal outer wheel is a bit too big and therefore the pin is pinched when the out wheel is place on it.
Anyone experience this... The solution is easy but before I start grinding, drilling, whatever I decide to do.... I wouldn't mind some feedback. Also we all now FRICTION is BAD!!!

Thanks

KT
Old 02-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Kabul Tanker

Default RE: All Metal Wheels...

I decided to take the chance... I simply used a file and workerd away some of the inner plastic wheel shaft... until the metal one fit over and allowed the wheel to roll freely.

KT
Old 02-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Tank4fun

I had the same problems when I installed the metal wheels to mine and my sons Tiger I. Part of the problem was from the the burs that the plastic wheel axle recieved while priying up the metal axle pin during disassembly. After assemby, the wheel drag was not to extreme, so we ran them and they quickly loosened up(wore the burs down) to a free spin. They actually loosened up with a slight wobble, so I had to take off the metal wheel and reset the metal axle pin ever so slightly.

I also dabed axle greased on the metal axle pin heads for the, all metal wheels, and white lithium grease for the plastic wheels.[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 02-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Kabul Tanker

Thanks!!!

Surfvber