Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Air pressure in the tires!!!??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 06:28 AM
aip_tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air pressure in the tires!!!??

Hello, I am working on a wheel for all types of offroad (1/8 and 1/10 scale) rc's, that will allow the ability to hold air pressure, and able to change the offseet of the wheel from the center of the hub.

I need some info from you racers out there, to let me know what you think about it and if you think that it may make a difference in the handleing,grip and so forth.

Feel free to e-mail me with any suggestions or comments!

Old 02-10-2003, 06:43 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

1st welcome to the board! Now on to the question, the tires used on these RC's, well the rubber anyway is so soft that the tires will baloon from the heat of running if you don't drill holes in the rims. When the tires hold air it make the vehicles (trucks in my case) bounce from the tires no being perfectly round or balanced. I know this because I have done it. Problems you will run into is regulating the tire pressure when the tire gets hot. The foams that are used in these vehicles work very well and they come in different hardness so you can adjust your ride.
Good luck.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:01 AM
aip_tuner

That is true, I forgot to add that there would be no more use for glueing the tires on, so that there would be no need to buy anymore wheels, when the tires get worn down just replace tire and your set.

What about changing the offset of the wheel, like if the wheel is 2 inches wide and the hub is in the center of it, which = 1 inch outer and 1 inch inner, would being able to change the offset of this to say- 1 and 3/4 inch outer and 3/4 inch inner help the truck handle better? this is just an example the offset coud be whatever the driver wanted!!
Old 02-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really mean to kill your idea, but what's the point? Wheels at 10 bux a pair are cheap enough, especially when you can just take off the tires by boiling in water to loosen the CA or use a CA dissolver. Plus this air pressure system might make the wheels quite a bit heavier, since you need it sealed to keep good air pressure. And how much would it cost? Would it really save much money in buying new rims?

In offroad, the tires balloon a LOT even with no heat when you are flying on a jump, as the motor/engine revs high when not under load...

Good thing that at least you're thinking about it! Maybe you will come up with an airpressure system that actually does wonders for car users.