Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Full FLM Electric Stampede better basher than Most Nitros?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Full FLM Electric Stampede better basher than Most Nitros?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:39 AM
bi_eep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full FLM Electric Stampede better basher than Most Nitros?

I wanted to know peoples inputs on If A full FLM Stampede is a more durable basher than nitros. Overall jumps, crashes. Savages, revo, lst2, maxxes. Also not comparing to super modified nitros. Like an all out flm savage. Reason is i already have a pretty good modified pede and just need a few more parts to make it pretty much as bullet proof as a pede can be.

I'm not asking anything about, handling, speed, size, or especially nitro vs electric. Just about durablity. Not if i land it correctly or not. just everything crash possible.

thx. No clubs or anyone i know around me that bashes, so i never got to see the durabilty of nitros.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:12 AM
running_gag

Default RE: Full FLM Electric Stampede better basher than Most Nitros?

The pede is the most stout vehicle of any type I have ever seen. except for the old school all metal tonka trucks.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:54 AM
IamDisaster

The biggest issue with making a robust electric is the waterproofing. If you go to a waterproof brushless, like the MambaMax, then it will be the same as nitro...you will only need to protect the RX. Stampede is a great basher...though i did see someone split the rather thin chassis in half when he slid sideways into a tree...but then, the replacement parts aren't too expensive either.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:14 PM
bi_eep

still debating wether to get a nitro....im thinking an all flm stampede will take some abuse.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:01 AM
rcxboy

The Mamba Max system is NOT waterproof. Only the ESC. The motor is splash proof, but brushless motors hate water, i hope you know.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:05 PM
bi_eep

I just ordered the complete FLM package for my pede! Next im looking to get the mamba max. Once this project is done, imma see if i can wait for the next super electric basher. Or just get a damn nitro...savage. Really hoping the emaxx will get an upgrade, or a elec revo. I dont want to do a conversion. I like things to look factory, not rigged. Cant wait for my Flm package to get here! Bling bling, crash crash. Great warrantee!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:09 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a nitro truck like a GST 7.7 or a Savage X SS. Or If you prefer electric, buy a E-Savage. Then you have 2 trucks !