Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

US Engines 41cc kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US Engines 41cc kill switch

Hey guys I am still new to gas engines. I bought a US Engines 41cc to put in my P-51 mustang.
The question that I have, is the connector on the coil to be used as a ground point to ground the coil to kill the engine? Basically do I hook up a wire from the flat male connector on the coil through a switch back to the chasis of the engine?

I ran the engine for the first time today and to start with the engine was really rich. When I went to pull the the throttle cut on my transmitter it took the engine a while to quit. No big deal. On the next run I just covered the carb to kill it. When I got all the needles set correctly and got the engine transitioning well, it did not seem to be a problem to kill it with the throttle cut.

I would like to have the security to know that I could ground the coil to keep it from firing while I am priming it. Just in case the throttle kill on the transmitter doesn't work, I know that I can kill it with the carb but I would like to have the switch to ground the coil also.

Thanks for any help................................
Old 05-06-2007, 08:38 AM
beepee

Default RE: US Engines 41cc kill switch

Your approach to wiring the kill switch is correct. I recommend you not run the engine without one and it is best to have the switch in an easily accessible location.

Good luck!

Bedford
Old 05-06-2007, 09:07 AM
mogman

Default RE: US Engines 41cc kill switch

Hi Rush. Yes you are right, run a wire from the terminal on the coil through a switch and ground to the motor under a convenient bolt ( I use one of the coil mounting bolts).
Cheers, Dave.