Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Elevator deflection issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:58 AM
tdoe420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator deflection issue

I was assembling my new Extreme Flight E-yak 47.5in w.s., I installed the elevator servo servo and hooked up control rod etc. I then turned on transmitter a nd made sure i had atleast 45*degrees of up elevator, but when I check ed to see if i got 45 down and it would not deflect to the suggested 45*degree. In the instruction manual it said you might have to bend the control arm to get it to work the correct way. Well im stumped on how to bend the rod , it is such a short control rod. I am at a stand still until i can get some ideas on how to get full deflection on down elevator. I thhough about putting a zbend in the rod but i dont know if it would work because the rod is so short. Also when i try to manually deflect the elevator by hand, but pulling it by the control rod and i can get it deflected to full 45* degrees. Whoemever might answer this post pleas give me maybe a couple different ideas. Also the elevator servowas too small to fit in its respected mounting hole so the mount screws keep slipping though due to the fact that there isent enogh wood for the mounting srews to grab onto. I did manage to get them in but im a little worriedabout them working loose after alot of extreme flying. Do u think it might be a good idea to epoxy, medium, or thich cA around or in the mounting hole to ensure that the servo will never come loose. Never getting the servo out is not a big deal. Usually plane get wrecked before the servo will ever go bad. I appreciate whoever takes the time to read this and give me some tips .
THANKS SO VERY MUCH
TRAVIS B.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Elevator deflection issue

First, don't worry about getting exactly 45* of travel, up or down.
There's no real need to have the same amount of deflection.
Second, make a plate that fits your servos, and put the servo on that, and the assembly on the plane.
There's a LOT of force on a servo, so it must be securely mounted.