Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Cox PT19 trainer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
pywackit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox PT19 trainer?

Hey Guys, I've got three Cox PT-19 control line planes, two are brand new and one is for parts. One new one is an original made by Cox and the other new one was made in China. I wanted to get my cousins kids started flying CL like I did way back when but don't know enough about the China made PT-19....are they any good for training with? Does anyone even use these PT-19's for training on anymore?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:18 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cox PT19 trainer?

They really aren't the best to learn on unless you have an experienced teacher. If the teacher is familiar with them, they're decent enough.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Larry S
My Feedback: (6)

I still have one new in the box. I would say there as good as you will get for a trainer and that's not saying much. Any of the small 049 planes fly fast and it takes time and many crashes to learn to fly. What is good about those small planes are mostly the wings will come off in a crash and all you normally have to do is rubber band them back on. I learned on a plane similar to that Cox trainer and still have it but when I decided to build a larger plane, a 35 size Wingmaster, I found the larger plane much easier to fly but the one draw back is if you crash that plane, you have some work to do before it will fly again. If possible try to take off on a hard surface and back up to a grass field so when it does go in, it won't do serious damage to the plane.
Larry
Old 06-01-2007, 08:25 AM
pywackit

Excellent! It's just how I remembered flying them when I was a kid....thanks guys.