Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Balsa USA decals.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Damnathius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA decals.

I just finished putting the roundels and indians on my Nieuport 17, and I must say these BUSA decals are excellent! They are very delicate, which of course contributes to the outstanding finished product.

My Nieuport is covered in fabric, and these decals are so thin that the fabric is still plenty visible under the decals. It's almost like they're painted on.

The hardest ones to apply were the ones on the top of the top wing over the compound rib curves, but a bit of patience and working slowly with a wet folded paper towel got ALL of the bubbles and wrinkles out. Any bubbles that do not come out with the gentle squeegie method can be lightly *****ed to let the air/water out, and you don't have to penetrate the covering.

The one on the flat surfaces were a breeze, taking about 10 minutes each.

Beautiful decals!
Old 03-10-2003, 01:53 AM
HiMaxFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

David:

Can you post some pics of the finished plane??

Barry
Old 03-10-2003, 03:03 AM
Damnathius

Of course I will Barry... It'll be a few days. I have the tail masked and the red sprayed, but it's taking it's sweet time drying in this moderate temperature. I'll probably begin clearcoating the wings and fuse tomorrow now that the decals are on, and it will take a few days to finish the tail colors, get the decals on and clearcoat it.

By the end of the week I should have a close to finished product.

Oh, I flew it yesterday and today, and have some trim change and aileron diff info I'll post later on the other thread.