Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Jr xr2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 03:14 AM
nunnya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr xr2 problems

Hey,
I just ordered a Jr xr2 radio from ebay and this is my first radio. Is there a switch that is supposed to come with the radio, receiver, servos etc.? I can't find it....i not then wut switches do you recommend me getting? Also, how come one servo looks different than the other, and how do you tell which one is for steering or throttle? What mechanical speed control is good for a newb? Last questions...... Does it matter what battery pack I get for the receiver and radio? Can I get the same one for both?
Thanks..if you can help me it would be great!
Old 03-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Celly013

Default Re: Jr xr2 problems

Originally posted by nunnya
Hey,
I just ordered a Jr xr2 radio from ebay and this is my first radio. Is there a switch that is supposed to come with the radio, receiver, servos etc.? I can't find it....i not then wut switches do you recommend me getting? Also, how come one servo looks different than the other, and how do you tell which one is for steering or throttle? What mechanical speed control is good for a newb? Last questions...... Does it matter what battery pack I get for the receiver and radio? Can I get the same one for both?
Thanks..if you can help me it would be great!
What do you mean switch? Power switch for servos / rx? Yes, it should come with one.

The serovos should be the same. They might come with different horns by default, which is no big deal, just replace them with the ones you need.

For the RX, go with a 6.0v Hump Pack like the one from www.cheapbatterypacks.com.

for the TX go out and purchase the Higest Mah NI-Mah's you can get your hands on. (Walmart sells Rayovac 2200's for $5 a 4 pack)
You'll get a lil less Tx juice, but you'll get much longer runs.

Mechanical Speed Control? I use my finger, to mecanically control the pistol trigger....

Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Fast Guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jr xr2 problems

Switch Harness, BEC Connectors. Part Number: JRPA011
This would be the switch that should have come with your radio.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:39 PM
dg2b

Default Jr xr2 problems

Get a cheap electronic speed control (ESC). Check duratrax, traxxas, etc. I believe seeing one for around $35(?)