Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

MRP High Roller

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:37 PM
impalacustom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRP High Roller

I was curious if anyone still has one of these and what mods they have done to them if so. I have one and bent a dog bone in it and was thinking about converting it to CV shafts from something new. Let me know your thoughts if I am just going to cause more issues or not.
Thanks
Old 08-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: MRP High Roller

That truck has been out of production for like 20 years- it's a classic! You probably won't be able to find CVs for it, you might not even be able to find stock parts anymore. Go to www.tamiyaclub.com, they are a GREAT resource for older models like yours. Of course because of it's rarity, you probably won't find much there either. Google it!

If you want to really run an RC truck, it's probably time to get a new one and shelve that puppy. That is one rare truck there- not super valuable though, just rare
Old 06-28-2007, 01:10 PM
jwrape

I have one. I modded T-maxx CV's to fit it, but it was not easy since the High Roller has such small rods to mount the drive cups to. I drilled through the drive cups to get the set screw to seat into it. Works good although I have not driven it. I am afraid to drive it because my first one I had when i was 15 stripped every gear because I didn't have bearings in it, instead I had the nylon bushing and I am still afraid to strip these irreplaceable gears out. Its a shelf queen. I might take it apart and see if I can replace the gears with some metal ones and then run it one day in my Pond. Since they float.
Here is sits on my shelf ontop of it tires to keep them from getting flat spots. Mine has black plastic instead of the white like my original one had.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 PM
zerocool46902

wow, im suprised people still remember this truck. i currently have a brand new in the box High Roller on ebay for sale. check it out and remember the gold old day!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Suprachrgd82

http://cgi.ebay.com/MRP-HighRoller-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Please let us know when you will be asking a reasonable price for it. It is an obscure vehicle with little demand. It is NOT a Bruiser.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:45 PM
hands without shadows

That is too funny, get real.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:54 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zerocool is smokin' somethin'!!