Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TA03F

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:59 AM
kiwinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TA03F

just after some info really..... a buddy of mine has a TA03F with a carbon fibre chassis, complete with factory stabilizer bars and upgraded shocks. now after some quick checking i "think" it may be " Tamiya David Jun Limited TA03F". just wondering how rare are these becoming?. Coz he's in the process of selling it for around 30 new zealand dollars

cheers
Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM
delvallejr

Default RE: TA03F

Hey Kiwinz,

I have one of those too. They have been rare for some time. I rarely see one showing up ebay. If he is selling just the rolling chasis I think he may be able to get a few NZDs more. Are all the plastic pieces black or are they grey...the DJ has all black parts...That is what will also make it more interesting to potential buyers...this model became very popular among the RC drifters...especially because of the included torque spliter and the front mounted motor.

I have though about selling mine because I am starting to get into RC Helis, but everytime I get ready to post on ebay, i experience feelings of regret...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58185.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	765724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95476.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	765725  
Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
kiwinz

yeah it has the black parts.. and it's been sold.. to me........ hoping to restore it back to it's former glory but with a upgraded ESC, will be joining the clodbuster restoration as well
Old 09-19-2007, 01:15 AM
fl0PPsy

Welcome to the TA03F club They are very popular in the drift scene.

Parts are starting to get a little hard to find but if you hit google and ebay you can stil find pretty much everything you need. A good site to keep your eye on is http://www.asiatees.com/ they stock alot of the GPM alloy hop ups. They are down currently but should be back up by the 25th.

There's a VERY good TA03F thread over on drccentral.com
Old 09-19-2007, 04:24 AM
kiwinz

yeah asiatee's are a lil exspensive , and GPM stuff hasn't got a very good rep with quality, ( has been known to get bent quite easily due to soft metal used in products). But if your after a cheaper alternative but with the same product try here http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/front/front.html just email them for a price list and see the difference.... and they use US currancy

cheers
Da Mad Kiwi
Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 AM
lee172

i need a couple of TA-03F's in my collection.. should have bought that Penzoil Nismo GTR that was on ebay for ages.. [:@]
Old 09-19-2007, 11:11 PM
fl0PPsy

haha sorry but I have to chuckle about your idea of dealing with GPM direct They may show cheaper prices but dont bother trying to actualy order from them because they dont have half the stuff listed.

There's a bunch of us TA03F freaks around and we have pretty much exhausted the parts that GPM have available. I at one stage had a stock list of what part #'s they still have. With the rest unless they get an order for atleast 100 units they wont be doing another production run. For example the CF shock towers are now impossible to get.

As for the part quality of GPM, cant say I have had anything bend on me yet. I do agree that the newer GPM parts for the TT01 etc are pretty poor in quality but the older parts for the older Tamiya chasis seem to be alot stronger.

Best thing anyone can do if they are into the TA03F is head over to the thread I mentioned earlier. The guys there have now started a TA03F FAQ doc which has all the info anyone needs to get started in terms of suggested hop ups and part # listings etc.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
kiwinz

yeah actually they were for a TT01 floppsy, ordered in some parts for a rc stockcar the guys here in new zealand race with. even had a guy in aussie that built and raced it during the last weekend, but yeah will look at that thread and will look further into aisatee's. thanks neighbour :P