Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Help To choose the right boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Help To choose the right boat

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:52 AM
lalasboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help To choose the right boat

Well i just got an e-mail from Danny... transportation to CY via DHL or UPS is $440
in cardboard and i should add $50 for a plywood packing crate.....

hmm [&:]

well its not a small item either..... its got volume.... thats why the price is so high...

oh well...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:11 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked and the sigma from dave marles?,the offshore version has just won the offshore championships in the uk with 2 races still to run.It won 5 in a row i believe driven by Gary Pope off this forum.The hull is made from epoxy and is guaranteed no hooks twists etc.for the quality your getting its cheap at the price heres a link.he also makes a kevlar version too [X(].
[link]http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/sigma51.htm[/link]
Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
glennb2006

ORIGINAL: lalasboat

Well i just got an e-mail from Danny... transportation to CY via DHL or UPS is $440
in cardboard and i should add $50 for a plywood packing crate.....

hmm [&:]

well its not a small item either..... its got volume.... thats why the price is so high...

oh well...

You can almost fly over and get it for that much.

Glenn
Old 10-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Bullitt01

I can tell you that i have been running a WHH Manta Ray for over 2 years here in San Diego in salt water and IT WILL take any kind of water conditions you can toss at it!
We run in the same water (at times) that jet skies run in; no problem! As a matter of fact the Mant Ray is the only boat at our pond that has NOT flipped. And thats running with a full mod Redline motor.

And there build is first class. Perfect first boat for rough water. AND this is no BS.

Dean
Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Piranha2

["1' waves"]............Is it really WOT when the prop is only in the water 25% of the time?......and clearing a 4' gap between waves......got any videos of such a feat?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:33 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Piranha2

["1' waves"]............Is it really WOT when the prop is only in the water 25% of the time?......and clearing a 4' gap between waves......got any videos of such a feat?
i would also like to see the video,in those conditions this is how model boats handle(see video) and a cpl of these are dannys titan hulls (white boats) i believe.two days of racing on the one video first is the calm water then comes day two [X(].not many boats running wot i can tell you .
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2dGXk1FYg[/link]
Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Piranha2

Thank you martno1fan, that's one of the videos I was thinking of.........I don't mean to dis anyone, it's just when we state the obvious is there really any need to state it at all......."the twin is more powerful than the single"........."the longer boat handles big water better"........."the boat that costs 2 1/2 times as much is nicer"........I had a guy with 15 years of RC driving experience show me what my 57 can do and it was like glue in the corners and on her prop down the straights......WOT Dave!!!!! Buy what you can afford, tune it the best it can be and outdrive your friends/competitors!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 PM
lalasboat

wow.... mart.... thats some serious rough conditions.
this is a video i've been dying to see. real rough sea. got tired of watching boats running in glass type syrface like small lakes or ponds. Piranha ... i will agree with you,
Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 AM
patriktegelberg

So iĀ“ve seen it here and there and figured it would come to me from the context eventually. But this one have proven harder than most abbreviations to crack. Expand wot for me please.

Edited, Wide Open Throttle would be most likely but it fits poorly half of the times it was used.