Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

G-45 Zenoah new "EZ carb" watch out!

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G-45 Zenoah new "EZ carb" watch out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 03:36 AM
Flymyplane
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-45 Zenoah new "EZ carb" watch out!

Hi guys,

just wanted to give you a heads up! I think I have seen RCIGN mention something about the Zenoah G-26s coming in with "cracked" carb blocks (RC forgive me if Im mistaken). Well, I was just checking things over on my New G-45 and was making sure everything was tight. I removed the Carb, and rechecked the tightness of the carb block screws ( I had previously installed this block, as it did not come with the engine) . Once I put the carb back on, and screwed it down, I noticed something I had never seen before, the Carb block was splitting on the sides! I was totally amazed, as I really had not torqed it down extremely hard (just snug), as I applied locktite. Well, who knows, either I just dont know my own strength, or I have a defective one! Anyway, I reinstalled my original block, and snugged it down no splits! My only problem now, is I have to refigure my servo hookup! Yuk! Im not sure I trust those brown EZ carb blocks anymore, maybe it already had a crack in it, I dont know!

If you go through your engine tightening things up before the initial run, please take care not too tighten to hard, as you may split yours! Good luck!
Old 04-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Volture
My Feedback: (1)

Default G-45 Zenoah new "EZ carb" watch out!

I had an experience with Loctite on some automotive interior trim pieces where it attacked and crazed the plastic, causing it to become brittle. The whole entire screw pockets cracked loose from the rest of the piece. Could your adapter have been attacked by the Loctite?
Old 04-05-2003, 06:33 AM
Flymyplane
My Feedback: (24)

Default loctite

Volture,

Thanks for your reply. The carb block cracked on the outer side going in. There is no chance that the locktite did this. If nothing else, I tightend down to hard. But what is really to hard? You want it too be snug...... I was pretty sure that I was being carful but who knows.

Anyway, I was at the Toledo show today and inspected the new G-26. It too had a new "EZ carb" adapter already on it. It too was cracked! If you get to the show, take a look at it! By the way, do a search on the "G-26" here on RCU you will find other posts about guys getting G-26s with cracked "EZ carbs". They were told by Horizon, that if the crack does not go clear through, its ok! Maybe so, but I sure wouldn't trust it! But then again, Im not an Engine guru and would not ever claim to be. I already have my G-45 mounted and have the original carb block back on it. No cracks! I also am using the old bell crank method. It seems to be a solid mount! Im satisfied.