Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anything Better than the MIP Cvd's ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anything Better than the MIP Cvd's ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 12:48 AM
CruzNlife1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything Better than the MIP Cvd's ??

I truly hate these damn things.... In my rc10gt i've got the shiny cvd's.... First the pin on the "driver" "engine" side the pin came about half way out, and "sawwed" into my lower arm, I tried super glue and ended up losing it alltogether.... Got another pin, super glued it in the best I could.... Now today the passenger side pin came off and "Sawwed" my other lower arm.... And tonight I tried to squeeze the pin back in with some super glue and some little pliers, and I broke the end of the CVD ! Ughh I hate these damn things, They were on the truck when I bought it, if anyone has the stock peiced and they are willing to part with it, let me know, thanks !!
Old 04-06-2003, 03:27 AM
aznx2fine

get heat shrink tubing to cover it up so the pins r snugged right inside the tubing cost you like 3 bucks easy.
Old 04-06-2003, 12:35 PM
CruzNlife1

Did the truck originally come with MIP Cvd's or dogbones ?? It's the rc10gt that came with the os .12 and the tub chassis.... Thanks also how much do you think some original dogbones would cose me at the lhs thanks again !!
Old 04-06-2003, 12:53 PM
1fstxnt

Don't give up on the cvds just yet, I had the same problem with mine so I called Mip. What you need to do is start with new rebuild kit ($5) and get a hardened wrench that fits the little set screw. Make sure everything is free from dirt, grease,oil and all that other stuff. Use the loctite that comes with the rebuild kit and put them together using the hardened wrench. This will solve you problem. Good luck
Old 04-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Moonunit451

grampi recently got some new dogbones for his car, i think they were like $8 at Tower. Do a search or check grampi's posts, he had a link. This is not the first time this topic has been discused.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:50 PM
CruzNlife1

Conversion To Dogbones complete ! I raced all day today, much much much better !!!! First time in a while I've been able to race hard and jump without worrying about it..... In the rearend I spent about 30 bucks at the hobby shop today.... Put the new hubs in for dogbones, new wheel bearings, inner and outer, all new washers, new drive pins, new O-Rings in the transmission outdrives, and hardened dogbones.... I was never happy with the MIP's anyways, and the rebuild kit wouldnt help me and I broke one of the ends of one of the CVD's very gently squeezing one of the pins back in.... All is well now, i'm the truck to beat. well getting one step close to it at least....
Old 04-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Moonunit451

Congrats!