Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Telemaster flies

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Rambo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telemaster flies

Flew the tele with a Ryobi 31cc conversion on it yesterday and it flew great.Has fowler type flaps and two piece wing with no dihedral. This thing practically stops moving with just a tad throttle and full flaps for a landing approach.Really looks cool.Thanks to those who gave advise.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:34 PM
jbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Telemaster flies

Just got my Giant Telemaster. Was wondering if you added any additional fuselage support during the build. Seems to me that fuselage was a little weak for a gas motor. I'm wondering if they hacked away at the old plan to lighten the plane for electric? I'm putting Fuji 43cc in mine. I ditched the landing gear and purchase 1/4" thick aluminum gear free up the underside of the plane so I can carry my skydiver. I'm building the fuse right now and would be very interested in hearig what expierences you had during the build. Thanks, Jerry.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Rambo-RCU

Jerry I built the Senoir tele.Quite abit smaller than the giant version.I would be tickled to death to hear how you make out with it as I also am interested in it.My biggest problem is room space.I did.nt do anything special except make a two piece wing setup and remove all dihedral.Also made flaps and hinged them with fowler hinges i got from hobby lobby ,they really look cool.Otherwise it's completely straitforward.later dude.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:59 AM
jbarnes

Ah ok, I built the Senior last year and kept the one piece wing but modified it to bolt down rather than using the rubber bands. The Senior is one of my favorite lazy flyers causing me to short out and buy the Giant. The Giant is a Giant, the fuse is almost 8' long with 12' wing span. Its only a matter of time before you buy the Giant!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Rambo-RCU

Yeah your probably right but i hope to hold off till at least winter.I have a 4 120 kit in the box i need to build first .I also power these with ryobi's as this setup really hauls.Later
Old 06-23-2006, 03:01 PM
BiilS50

I just wanted to make a few comments:

The current 12' Telemaster kit is a completely new design and is based on the Senior Telemaster. It is in no way a modification of either older 12' designs. While modifying the structure to make it stronger for gas power is okay, after all kit bashing is part of the fun of model building, it certainly isn't required. The stock design will handle any power you can fit on the firewall.

The stock wire landing gear is designed to put stress on the fuselage at two locations. If you use an aluminum gear, be sure to reinforce the mounting plate on the fuse to resist twisting the plate off the fuse in a hard landing.

One thing is for sure, the 12' Tele is a giant. It flies very much like a full scale airplane and should be flown like one. The design is easily modified to suit every builder. I would love to see pictures posted of everyone's finished bird.

Craig W.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:12 PM
jbarnes

Thanks Bill, I did cut a new landing gear pad and added additional support. I was considering sheeting the fuselage but after I got it put together it seemed plenty strong. I ditched the wire gear because I'm putting a bomb bay in the plane and wire gear consumed most of the bomb bay area. I'll get you some pictures of the plane. I'm overbuilding it I guess. Probably weight 50lbs when I'm done!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
tstotts

Planning on making mine a tail dragger and concerned about strength for aluminum landing gear. Got any suggestions.