Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The Kyosho and Mugen MBX's....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 09:08 PM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Kyosho and Mugen MBX's....

I am wondering if allot of the same parts for these two rigs are comaptible.......are they? I have been wanting to get one of these buggies for a few weeks , and i had never even seen one of them run. I am talking about the Kyosho MP6 or 7.5 , or sports version , and the Mugen MBX works edition. like i have said in previous posts , i am new to this Sport , and am still trying to figure out what everything means. I have had my eyes set on getting a used but in really good shape Kyosho MP 6 or 7.5 , i just don't know which one to get. then yesterday....i witnessed a guy playing around at the local track with a MUGEN MBX WORKS , and it had what he called a "budget big block" .21 RB concepts motor in it...........i was completely amazed on what this buggy could do.....i definetly want one now!! I haven't got to see one of the Kyosho's out on the track yet , so as far as speed , durability and easy to work on........which do you think might be a better rig to start out with?

I know there are gonna be guys who will lean towards the Kyosho , and guys who will lean towards the Mugen......i am just asking for some advice from guys who own one of each of these rigs and to tell me the pluses and minuses of these rigs........any advice would be good right now. Because in the next week or so , i WILL OWN ONE OF THESE BUGGIES!!

JEFFRO503
Old 04-07-2003, 01:02 AM
neoracer

Welcome to the sport Jeffr0503.. Both Kyosho and Mugen are high quality buggies. You won't go wrong with either. I personally have a MBX4 Works and enjoy it very much. This is also my first buggy and I make a good choice. I run a Rossi Black Magic motor in mine and the thing just goes......

Mugen parts are relatively easy to come by and they're not too expensive. If you go with the Kyosho, go for the Kanai 2, its the best of the best. However, Mugen has a MBX5 coming out later this month or next. You may want to to see how that performs before making a big decision.

GOOD LUCK!!
Old 04-07-2003, 04:41 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Mugen is making an MBX 5??........whoa!! Maybe i will wait then. Does anyone have a link to where i could get some info on this thing? I'd be interested in just checkin' it out , i might just end up waiting.

p.s. Thanks for the kind welcome NEO!!!

JEFFRO503
Old 04-07-2003, 12:45 PM
neoracer

Jeffro503-

www.mugenracing.com. The photos are CAD drawings but you can look at the design concept and weight distribution enhancements.