Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Liquidrc.com BE AWARE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:59 AM
RCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquidrc.com BE AWARE!!!

A few days ago I placed an order on liquidrc.com for a forward only conversion kit for my Revo 3.3. This is the item that I ordered.

<LINK REMOVED - foxy42>

As you can see, the description clearly states that this conversion kit is compatible with the Traxxas Revo.

<IMAGE REMOVED - foxy42>

As it turns out this is the T-MAXX conversion kit and the shaft is shorter so it doesn’t fit.

So I opened a case on PayPal, to get my money back, but PayPal rejected it with the reason: Deferred

So I contacted liquidrc.com requesting my money back because the sent me the wrong item. I explained that even though the amount is small, it’s unfair for me to pay that money because they made the mistake of sending me the wrong part. I also said that if I received no reply I would take legal measures against them.

The reply was amazing. And I quote:

“Do what you have to my friend”

Imagine, expecting a professional answer for a “serious” company and getting this!

A proper reply would be “we apologize for our mistake and we have already refunded your money. If you order the item again we will sent you the correct one ASAP!”

Not only they didn’t refund my money, not only they did not apologize, but they also gave me attitude. And today, I found out that my account was deleted from liquidrc.com

So be warned, that liquidrc.com is not a professional website. I’ve always liked them because of the 99cent shipping, but as it turns out, when someone has profanity at the top of their homepage, they are more likely amateurs.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:30 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Liquidrc.com BE AWARE!!!

Take them to court. It'll cost ya, but do it anyway. They have to be taught a lesson for stuff like that. As for having profanity on the homepage, well, there's nothing like professionalism eh?

Another thing though, you could have handled it better yourself. It just annoys people to get threatened with legal action over a situation they only just found out about. If you had sent them a message stating the facts and kindly asking for a replacement, you might have had better luck. If you sent that message to me, I might respond the same way. I'm not saying that excuses them, but it's something to think about for next time.

By the way, I had to edit your post, as the link and the image both fell under the 'link to inappropriate material' rules. Imagine that, they have an RC shop and the members of the biggest RC site on the Net are not allowed to post links to it. Talk about stoopid.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:46 AM
RCar

They were already informed of the problem through the PayPal case. Even if it was closed, liquidrc.com was informed of it. So my message to them was the second request. I am 100% sure that a company like TowerHobbies would have reacted totally different, and very professionally!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, definitely, and in that case, I take back what I said. It still might have been better to contact them first, even before paypal, but I doubt it would have made any difference. I've heard a few complaints about liquidrc, but I've also heard many say that they are good. It seems most people have their good and bad days, but having profanity on the homepage of a commercial hobby store is just dumb, any which way you look at it, and presents the worst impression possible. Imagine a 10 year old kid looking for his christmas present, finds it on liquidrc, and shows his Dad. Think any responsible parent is going to give them the business? I doubt it.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:33 AM
nitro _ burner

I bought some brushes off of them. Not a problem.
I know i wouldnt like being threatned with legal action!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:43 AM
RCar

Are you saying that their reaction was justified? And mine wasn't?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
webdr

From what Ive read, I see that you got pretty upset right from the get go and bypassed resolving the issue via communication and went straight to arbitration via paypal. I would have been pretty mad at you too if that's the case.

This doesnt excuse them from acting the way they did BUT it could have been handled a little more professionally on your part.

Case and point; I had cancelled an order to an rc company a few weeks ago because the item was indefinately out of stock. I called and spoke w/ a customer service rep and cancelled the order. The other day the item showed up at my house and there was a charge on my credit card of 85 dollars.

The wrong thing to do would be to call my credit card company and file a dispute, putting the company through all sorts of issues dealing with visa. Instead, I made a simple call and they apoligized and refunded my money when I returned the item. Do you see what Im getting at?

Ive filed a dispute through paypal and it clearly says "this should be used as a last resort when communication and attempts to resolve the problem has failed"
Did you skip that part?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:03 AM
iamnot

i think you handled it all wrong
the first thing you should have done was call them and explain calmly and politely what was wrong and ask what could be done
to challenge it on paypal was taking legal action w/o giving them a chance to correct the problem
then to call and threaten further legal action right away - well, imo, you overreacted and were being too aggressive
your first call should have been to them and been a nice calm one
you can always get nasty later but now that's where you're at and they did not like it
and i don't blame them

if you want to call a lawyer, go ahead, they won't take such a small case and if they do the cost will be exorbitant
but before you do that you should check to see what the laws are in the state where they are
where i live stores do not "have" to refund anything if they do not want to
Old 12-19-2007, 08:08 AM
RCar

Well, I have actually tried contacting liquidrc.com many times in the past, asking them various questions about the parts they sell, and if they fit on my Revo or not, and never received a reply. I never expected them to reply to my email regarding this issue, and that's why I said I would take legal action.

Turns out they did reply, and I really believe that it's the legal action part that got them to reply, just to give me attitute. Either way, the point is that a true professional would not react this way. Like I said, if I had said the exact thing to TowerHobbies I would have received a totally different reply.

With TowerHobbies I wouldn't even have to ask. They would have given me a refund as soon as they understood their mistake.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:16 AM
iamnot

the point is you did not give them a chance to understand the mistake
you went straight to paypal

and why would you buy from someone that you knew was hard, if not impossible, to talk to?

one last thought - an e-mail is far different to a phone call
did you ever try to call them?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:16 AM
RCar

ORIGINAL: iamnot
they did not like it and i don't blame them
They didn't like it? WOW! What about me? They have my money, and I have a useless part! Theydidn't like it? Are you serious?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:17 AM
RCar

PayPal is all I have! Do you know what a phone call would cost? More than the part itself! Did you see where I live? It's written on the left. And the reason I bought from them It's because I did it in the past with no problems. This is the first one.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:18 AM
MT

i think you handled it all wrong
the first thing you should have done was call them and explain calmly and politely what was wrong and ask what could be done
to challenge it on paypal was taking legal action w/o giving them a chance to correct the problem
then to call and threaten further legal action right away - well, imo, you overreacted and were being too aggressive
I think that sums it up very well.

Also, like Foxy said, the curse words on their website should have already thrown a red flag. If they cannot conduct themselves in a porfessional manner before they get your business, why would they after the fact?
It is a cheap part, live and learn, life is too short.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:32 AM
iamnot

ORIGINAL: RCar

they did not like it and i don't blame them
They didn't like it? WOW! What about me? They have my money, and I have a useless part! Theydidn't like it? Are you serious?
WOW, way to take a quote out of context - but, yes, i am serious
threaten to sue me (or try to take the money back) before letting me try to fix a mistake and i'd tell you to piss-off too.
"what about me?" - i pretty much think you've brought this on yourself
as for the "useless" part - sell it on e-bay or to someone with a maxx

and you still don't say why you would ever order a part from someplace that you knew you could not contact
Old 12-19-2007, 08:57 AM
RCar

Like I already said, I bought from them in the past with no problems. This is a first one.

But even so, let me teach you something about customer client relationship. The customer is ALWAYS right.

Having said that, the customer is NOT always right, but that is how the customer should be treated. Even if the customer is wrong That is proper sales policy, adopted by professionals. Obviously not the case with liquidrc.com
Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 AM
SOILWORK

Somtimes it's not worth it to save a couple of dollars. I do all my ordering through Amain and Tower because they have proven to me that thier customer service is beyond what is required of them. If I have to pay a little extra that's ok, because I know if I have any issues they will be resolved instantly. I am not going to flame anyone here, but somtimes you get what you pay for and somtimes you don't.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:39 AM
RCar

I totally agree with you, and that is how I will be doing things in the future.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
jgeck90

Just send another email, say you apoligise for the attitude and anger and that you only want your money back.
see what they say
Old 12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
71+mph

Sell the part that doesn't fit your Revo on ebay. Learn from this experience : People don't respond well to threats, you will get much further with calm polite reactions.

Not to say that you are wrong, I would be upset too. Though consider that you want to resolve the issue. Sell your part on ebay & find the other one you are looking for on ebay too. Easy
Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
sloppyG

legal action over a $9 part
Old 12-19-2007, 03:36 PM
zeen420
Banned

they rip one person off and get away with it, what's stoping them from doing it again?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
sloppyG

I haven't seen one thought of sending the wrong part back.......