Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Carbon Blades?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Carbon Blades?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 04:39 AM
LTEDT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Blades?

Ok folks heres the BIG queston :

Is it worth the 60 clams for carbon blades im about to do some upgrades and just dont know if its smart to go carbon. Will somebody PLEASE let me know if they went carbon and how much different it is and if its really worth it? And one more thing are they that much stronger than reg. blades?

Thanks Matt
Old 04-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Default Carbon Blades?

Hey Matt. Tell us what heli you are talking about

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
Major USAF
Retired
Old 04-09-2003, 03:03 PM
LTEDT

Default Carbon Blades?

yeah that would be nice if you know what heli i have. Its PICCOLARK my version of my skylark with all piccolo replacement parts (alot of them) anyway I am going to do some upgrading so i was wondering how much better they fly than regular blades i can always transfer them to another heli when i get it.

Thanks Boyd

Matt
Old 04-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Default Carbon Blades?

I don't think you are going to notice a $60.00 change in flight quality on a FP Piccolark. They look kewl and are tougher but will also take a bigger chunk out of your leg as well as your wallet. CF blades with a head stiffening mod will improve FFF by slightly reducing the pitch-up tendency.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
Major USAF
Retired
Old 04-10-2003, 04:36 AM
LTEDT

Default Carbon Blades?

Thanks Hover I was kida hoping that was the case, slight difference for alot of cash. I didn't want to get put in the situation that I HAVE to get them for better flight. So for now i will just get the forward flight and other techniques down and then worry about the look after i can give someone something to look AT!

Thanks
Matt
Old 04-11-2003, 09:01 PM
gruntdog

Default CF blades

I am new to heli's and had bought cf blades , my stock blades did not withstand impacts well at all , but the cf blades are really tough , even when flown into a coffee table, same table broke both stock blades instantly,
for me the CF blades are the only way to go with only a few dollars different in price, plus they do look better.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:44 AM
mhiel

Default Carbon Blades?

Hi! I have a FEDA mini Dragonfly, its a quite a little bumpy when I fly it in the kitchen and hard to control for outdoors due to little wind blows. I already broke my stock blade and I was planning to get CF Blades. Is it compatible for FEDA the one they are using in PICO CF Blades? or should I stick in stock blades? I heard CF Blades are tough to hold crashes.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:54 PM
LTEDT

Default Carbon Blades?

Im not sure if they fit i BELIEVE that the Feda will except the piccolo replacement parts but as far as that goes i only know the rotor head has to be slightly modified to get piccolo blades on a Skylark. But the pictures i have seen on the Feda looks to be very similar to the Skylark.

Matt
Old 04-15-2003, 09:33 PM
kenru

Default Carbon Blades?

I purchased a set of Piccolo "tuner blades" for my Feda. They do fit without modification. The pitch, however, appears higher on the Piccolo blades so I would expect some trim issues (I haven't tried them in flight yet).
Old 04-17-2003, 07:32 PM
hot4teach
My Feedback: (1)

Default Carbon Blades?

Check out my website for what I think are the best blades you can buy for a FP micro heli.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:34 PM
mhiel

Default Carbon Blades?

Thanks guys! for the informations.

Hot4tech I alreay visit your site and I've seen the price of CF Blades. Is that really the cost of CF blades? but if it is really tough enough to stand impact during my practice and training flight well that's good than buying and buying stock blades.

Thanks....
Old 04-22-2003, 02:56 PM
hot4teach

Default Carbon Blades?

The final price will most likely be $55 plus shipping. The machining is going on right now and orders will begin by the end of this week.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:06 PM
mhiel

Default Carbon Blades?

Thanks hot4teach!
How about the tail rotor? do you have tail rotor blades for FEDA? or adopter something that is available in the market to fit in the FEDA HELI? cause i'm using a stock tail rotor right now and it's already broken, I just fix it with the mighty bond glue. It is still ok I'm also planning to replace it with CF tail rotor blades if possible?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2003, 11:40 PM
gruntdog

Default hornet blades

how about hornet blades, are you considering them as well as picolo
Old 04-25-2003, 03:45 PM
hot4teach

Default Carbon Blades?

No tail rotors yet, but maybe in the future.