Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Sig LT-40

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 06:57 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig LT-40

My first plane was a Hobico Avistar .40 ARF. I used an OS .46 FX. Although it built well, it did not survive the nose in at full throttle. On concrete.

My second plane was a Schoolboy ARF, with an AP .09. It, too, did not survive a nose in crash. Aslo on concrete. With some extra lite ply and a lot of Epoxy, it is now ready for flight again. This time, I am usinf Real Flight, and I am joining a club for a little help!

My third plane is a Sig LT-40 Kit. I had heard a lot about Sig kit quality, and thought that this is the one that will survive. Here is my review of building the kit, and hopefuly, how well and how many times it will fly.

I bought the kit at the WRAM show. I also ran into RCAdmin and KingAirJockey as well. Afer a long trip home, here is what I found when opening the box...
Old 03-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Elwood

Default Extra Laser Parts!

There is a lot of wood here! Oh my...

According to the instructions, there are 6 parts that are laser cut. However, upon building, there are many others. All of the Sheer Webs are laser cut, as well as the fuselage sides and the fuselage doubler. There are a few other pieces as well. Laser cutting is very, very cool!
Old 03-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Elwood

Default Sig LT-40

The wing ribs need a lot of help. The crushing was very poorly done. I thought SIG would do better? There are other die cut parts here that are as good as laser, but not the ribs! I will live with them, although I had to add small strips of balsa to some of them. To do so, I cut a sliver the right size and shape. Then I used CA to secure 1 end. When it sets, I CA the other end. When that sets, I applied a small amount to the rest of the rib. Not too happy with it, but it works.

I will have pictures soon. I do not have a digicam, so whenever the pictures get back I will scan them.