Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

CVDs???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 06:36 AM
MAXXERBASHER
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVDs???

I was wondering what would be the best cvds to install on an HPI SS??? And are the CVDs worth the time and money to install? In other words will I see a vast improvement in speed and response???

thanks,
-HPISS19
Old 04-12-2003, 06:38 AM
Rex2342

Default CVDs???

No speed advantage.They have less play than the stock dogbones so it helps a little in acceleration but not enought to really notice.I use the MIP CVDS because my stock ones kept falling out when i turned to fast they were easy to install
Old 04-12-2003, 08:21 AM
WhiskyVR-4

Default Re: CVDs???

Originally posted by HPISS19
I was wondering what would be the best cvds to install on an HPI SS??? And are the CVDs worth the time and money to install? In other words will I see a vast improvement in speed and response???

thanks,
-HPISS19
That depends on how you define "speed." If you mean top speed, then you will see only a minimal gain from CVDs. If you mean speed through a course or on the track, then you will probably see a difference in speed. Throttle response is much more crisp, the car handles much more predictably, and everything holds together better. Basically, anything that helps you control the car better is good. You, not the car, should decide where to brake and where to turn for your best line, and you can't do that if the car is too sloppy in response to drive precisely.