Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Picco Omega .21 Top End Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 03:06 AM
jbjustin33415

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco Omega .21 Top End Problems

Hi, I was just wondering if these are a good motor for a 1/8 scale off-road buggy. Also, what are the general output and RPM on these motors.

Thanks in advance,
Justin
Old 04-20-2003, 04:37 AM
jbjustin33415

I guess no one knows anything about these motors. Well I bought one on ebay for 100 bucks. Only reason I bought it was because I couldnt find a pison/sleeve for my TT .21, and Ive read that Picco makes decent motors.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:49 PM
jbjustin33415

Default Tuning the engine

Hey everyone, I just got the engine in today, I read the instructions but it doesnt really state anything. Only thing it says about breaking in is running the engine for 15 - 20 minutes with a rich fuel mixture. But how many turns should I go out? Every other engine Ive had told you how many turns to set the carb for break-in. Please help.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 04-23-2003, 08:57 PM
CHASE-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Default break in

I HAVE SEVERAL .21 ENGINES AND THE WAY I LEARNED TO BREAK ONE IN IS HEAT UP THE CHASSIS BELOW THE ENGINE WITH A HAIR DRYER TO AROUND 150 DEGREES F. AFTER YOU HAVE PRE HEATED THE CHASSIS HEAT THE ENGINE UP TO AROUND THE SAME TEMP. {BELOW THE COOLING HEAD } RICHEN THE TOP AND LOW NEEDLES ONE FULL ROUND AND START THE ENGINE. RUN ONE TANK OF FUEL ON THE BENCH NEVER LETTING THE TEMP GET ABOVE 200. WHEN ENGINE RUNS OUT OF FUEL ROLL PISTON TO BOTTOM AND LET COOL AFTER DOING SO LEAN TOP END NEEDLE BY1/2 TURN AND FINISH BREAK IN ON GROUND NEVER GOING OVER 1/4 THROTTLE .RUN ONE QUART OF FUEL THRU ENGINE LETTING COOL IN BETWEEN TANKS . AFTER THIS HAS BEEN DONE STATR LEANING OUT ,BUT BE CARFUL OF ENGINE TEMP

GOOD LUCK
Old 04-23-2003, 09:26 PM
jbjustin33415

Well the factory settings came with the needles tightened all the way down. So I was looking for a starting point( how many turns out) but thanks for your version of engine breaking in. Not quite what I was looking for, but some good incite.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 04-29-2003, 11:32 PM
jbjustin33415

I broke in the engine, and I started to tune it. One problem is that the top end slows down. It will accelerate like crazy but then it will start to bog out. I tried richening the HSN, but that made it bog out even more. I tried leaning the HSN, but that made it stall. There was no where that the engine would run good at top end. Someone please help me.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 04-30-2003, 02:24 AM
kyokai2

Try richenging the bottom end and maybe go to a hotter plug.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:33 AM
jbjustin33415

Well I use a O.S. A5 plug, dont know if that is a hot or cold plug. Also my engine did not come with any specific settings for the carb. what would you recommend. I broke the motor in at 5 turns out HSN and LSN.

Thanks,
Justin