Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Giant Scale Planes Katana 96", CG?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Giant Scale Planes Katana 96", CG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 07:02 PM
EDDIEO
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant Scale Planes Katana 96", CG?

HI

HAS ANYONE BUILT THE GIANT SCALE PLANES 96" KATANA. IF SO WHAT IS THE CG YOU CAME UP WITH, WEIGHT, AND ENGINE. HAS IT FLOWN YET. MY KATANA CAME OUT AT 29# AND I HAVE A ZDZ 80 IN IT. HAD TO ADD 1# TO THE NOSE TO BALANCE IT, WITH A PULL PULL SYSTEM, SO I AM NOT HAPPY. THE PLANE WAS ARC SO I DID'T BUILD IT. GIANT SCALE PLANES SAID IT SHOULD BE 21 TO 25#.

EDDIEO
Old 04-18-2003, 02:13 AM
gordyd4

Default Giant Scale Planes Katana 96", CG?

I love the look of that plane. I am interested in getting one for my son. What is your opinion of the building/workmanship of the plane. Is it hot glue? Or did they use CA. What is your overall opinion? 29lbs seems very heavy. What was the wt. before you assembled it?
Old 04-19-2003, 09:41 PM
EDDIEO
My Feedback: (19)

Default KATANA 96

THE KATANA BY GIANT SCALE PLANES IS BUILT HEAVY. I DON'T HAVE THE WEIGHT OF THE PLANE OUT OF THE BOX. THE PROBLEM IS THE PLANE IS TAIL HEAVY AND EVEN WITH A PULL PULL SYSTEM I NEEDED TO ADD 13 OZ TO THE NOSE. THEY HAVE POOR SERVICE AND DON'T SEEM TO WANT TO BE BOTHERED AFTER THE SALE. THEY COULD NOT GIVE ME A CG FOR THIS AIRPLANE. I WENT AS FAR AS TO CALL AREOWORKS FOR SOME HELP, AND THEY DID HELP ME, THEY SAID TO START AT 33%. AREOWORKS IS COMING OUT WITH A 35% KATANA, IF I HAD IT OVER TO DO AGAIN I WOULD WAIT FOR THAT. THERE IS HOT GLUE IN THIS PLANE. I WENT OVER MOST OF THE GLUE WITH THIN CA. THE PLANE WAS BUILT OK AND LOOKS GOOD, BUT HAVE NOT FLOWN IT YET.

EDDIEO