Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Whats the best charger for Li-Po? Under 150 bucks. Must have built in balancer.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Whats the best charger for Li-Po? Under 150 bucks. Must have built in balancer.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best charger for Li-Po? Under 150 bucks. Must have built in balancer.

Looking for a charger to charge a 3 cell Li-Po. Must have balancer built in and must be a AC connection or give me a AC to DC connection.

If I don't get one with a built in balancer how would that work. Do I charge it then balance it? Or plug them in at the same time?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
justinep

Default RE: Whats the best charger for Li-Po? Under 150 bucks. Must have built in balancer.

check out the MRC Super Brain.. does everything!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:16 PM
cheech4

Default RE: Whats the best charger for Li-Po? Under 150 bucks. Must have built in balancer.

ORIGINAL: jtnktz

Looking for a charger to charge a 3 cell Li-Po. Must have balancer built in and must be a AC connection or give me a AC to DC connection.

If I don't get one with a built in balancer how would that work. Do I charge it then balance it? Or plug them in at the same time?
why would you want a charger with a balancer in it, ok its convenient but what if the charger goes then your out a balancer too and vice verse.. just get a good lipo charger and a separate balancer, there mostly universal and there not that expensive.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:49 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Would the Equinox LIPO cell balancer work in the Super Brain 977?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:36 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: jtnktz

Would the Equinox LIPO cell balancer work in the Super Brain 977?
er, does it have bannana jacks on it, if not, then no[]
Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Phelansa

Look at the Hyperion EOS series of chargers at B-P-P. They start from about $120 for an AC/DC charger and you get them with built in or external Balancers. They even go up to 250 Watts.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:10 AM
sloppyG

eos0606i
Old 02-10-2008, 02:16 AM
s7jstep1

i plan on getting the superbrain 977. i dont plan on lipo right now but in a few years, maybe. i like that it can charge two batteries at once.