Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Bring me up to speed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Hack u 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bring me up to speed.

Alright... I'm back (big deal right) I havent walked into a hobby store for over 6 months. It's been a year since ive been here. I had to change my user name because I must have logged out. Enough small talk. I have a DX3, is this still a good radio? I Castle Creationed all my esc's and motors for my rides. I have Rc18t with 8000kv motor aluminum everything and 2 cell lipo, and my baby is my rc10t4 mamba'd out. I have 12-15 other cars, talk about them later. Whats hot whats not. I have a couple of hundred I can use to rebirth any of these. Racing will start in March and I need to get ready. Do not let my post count fool you,...I can see some of you are still around....Blab on fellas!!And yes I know I can search treads for answers but I need my post count back in the hundreds.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Bring me up to speed.

rc18's are getting old, everyone has one considering they are like 4 years old now. You should make a brushless 1/8 conversion thats whats hot right now.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Hack u 2

Too bad on the 18t. I had like over $700 in that rocket! I like the idea of monster garaging to a 1/8 th scale brushless. Do you convert the 1/10th scale or buy the 1/8 kit.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 AM
cheech4

dont sweat it your still good to go, not much has changed with in the year.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:56 PM
pauly6401

Yeah - I have been out of the hobby since 2001 - I'm a little farther behind the times!

Right now I am resurrecting my once top-of-the-line XXT and XXX-S, and rebuilding the motor for my Nitro Hawk!! [sm=eek.gif]
Old 02-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Soothsayerman

The Frog XVIII is the king of the hill now in off road racing!! Tamiya has taken over!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Fiegs

It's ashame, out of the hobby for a while and the withdrawl symtoms come back then what do you know, your car turns by itself right into the hobby shop parking lot.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:13 AM
pauly6401

Fiegs - you drive a Vette? I just picked up a 2000 C5 hardtop this past summer. It only had 8500 miles on it!!!

Also - there is nowhere to race R/C cars within like an hour of my house here in Melbourne.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Medrivfast

I'm in the same boat here too. I'm still taking a break from my R/C's for over a year. I'm starting to get the itch back to run them again.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 PM
justinep

I just got back into cars from a 4-5 year break. I bought a new car (bandit vxl) and switched all my OLD CARS (tc-3, L3 Touring, TL-01, Rustler) to lipo-s and Brushless. almost a grand later i'm back into shape and loving the r/c cars again. Seems to always be cars in the winter, Helis and planes in the spring-summer. I'm lucky enough to know alot of guys my age that have wives that "allow" us to play! haha

I've been into r/c since I was 11 years old and one way or another I always come back... such a great hobby (all the vehicles, planes, helis, boats). These forums are a great help for guys like us who come back into it to find out whats hot nowa-days.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:24 AM
Hack u 2

Just bought Ax10 Scorpion. Starting to build now. I'm gonna buy another Spectrum rec. and servo and use my DX3 for it. Probably end up buying Novak Rock Crawler ECS & Motor. Also picked up Another Associated 18T from a guy trying to sell it at a pawn shop. I got the RTR with Radio and battery for 60 bucks. If anything I can use it as back up to my all aluminum 18t shelf queen.