Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Lanier 300

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:49 PM
GreaTOne_65

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lanier 300

I am looking for a home for my trusty 4.2 A&M Sachs engine. I went to the Tower website and noticed they have a really good price on the Lanier Extra 300.
I would like to hear from the people that have flown that airplane, it's good points, and bad points, does it fly well, bad? Are you happy with it? Would you buy another? Don't be bashful, how about it?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 PM
GreaTOne_65

Default RE: Lanier 300

Sorry, guys, it's the Extra 330! My bad.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:37 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at it too,darn cheap that one,Search around,there is an old review on RCU somewhere.
For the money you cant go wrong it seems,but its kinda old school,with some minor issues as far as I could tell.The fuse seemed quite narrow/unscale too.The hardware was basic and outdated but usable,but it seemed to have flown well.The 2 servos per aileron was a bit of a turn off,could be modified I guess.The covering is overseas by the sounds of it.
I gathered this just by pics and the review and vid,I could be way out of line also.For 300$ its definately a bargain and any mods would be simple by an accomplished builder.
I could get very little info on the net,leaving me with the impression that the plane is not worth bragging about,but awhile ago the plane was probably over 500$ also.
It would be interesting to have someone chime in that has run this thing hard for some time.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:21 PM
GreaTOne_65

Thanks, for the reply, nitro! I went to the Lanier website looking for maybe a video, but more info than Tower gave. No video, but what I read sounded decent, not over-weight, but now I begining to think maybe the 4.2 might be to much for it. I have a 3.2 with out a home so I may relent and put that in there.
The dual aileron servo could be problematic (setting them up) but might be able to use just one if the ailerons are ridged enough. If I use the 4.2 I'll probably stick with 2.
I have been flying a PAU Edge, with a 3.2 for 2 years, and sure can't complain, it does everything I am capable of for over 100 flights. But the price on the 330 was good, I just was hoping somone had some experience that could give me a heads-up on what to expect.
Thanks again for you input!
Dale
Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your big Sachs would be better suited in something a bit bigger.It almost looks like this is a bit of a fun fly plane.I think a few hit 18 pounds with a light 50cc.
Remember I have no hands on,or ever seen one.These are just loose conclusions on my part.Might be a great backup 50cc all around machine.
I looked at the servo bays on the online manual.They are off center quite a bit,so one would need to make an entire new bay and aileron hardpoint to use a single.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_38...tm.htm#3867816

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=611